What color are you doing for Summer 05?

• Thread starter Thread starter JenniferMD
  • Start date Start date
J

JenniferMD

Last August I got the cinnamon cellophane rinse, I loved the color but I'm thinking of going lighter this summer. I get my relaxer tomorrow and I'm thinking of going for a light brown/gold cellophane for the up-coming summer. What about you????

i don't change my color according to the seasons. although most people think i should...

i think i am ready for a color change though...lighter is ALWAYS on the agenda. maybe i'll actually lighten all of my hair instead of just the top!!:scratchch

Well,:scratchch let's see, um, well..............I already did it!!! :lol: I got an early start.

Oh yeah Jennifer, I think that color will look great on you. :)

Last edited:
OMG Kitchen! I LOVE your highlights...I just went to your updated album. That's' the brown I'm going for :grin:

Details details...what color is that? I'm so scared to get highlights, I'm hoping some cellophane mix will give me that color.

kitchen_tician said:
Well,:scratchch let's see, um, well..............I already did it!!! :lol: I got an early start.

I think those colors will look great on you. :)
Girl, I was checkin' out your album early this morning. I love your professional high lights. They look great! :up:

jet black which apparently is my natural hair color without chemicals. :lol: I want to get my hair to be longer and stronger before adding chemicals.

JenniferMD said:
OMG Kitchen! I LOVE your highlights...I just went to your updated album. That's' the brown I'm going for :grin:

Details details...what color is that? I'm so scared to get highlights, I'm hoping some cellophane mix will give me that color.

Thanks Jennifer, Allandra & Thursdaygirl :)

The color is by Matrix and it's called Warm Beige Blonde. Sorry to hijack, I think I'll do a separate post later, with all of the details.

JenniferMD: Your hair is looking lovely girl. It's soooo healthy and shiny. I would be scared to highlight that beautiful thick hair also.

Last edited:
I was thinking about this this morning, I want to do somthing tri-colored (mahagony, brown, honeyblonde?) along the lines of Mya's hair in these pictures but with colors that will work for me as I am more of a cocoa brown where she is high yellow :lol:

I do know that I want a much darker 'red' than she has, it looks like the red in her hair might be pieces, they're so bright...

Anyone have any suggestions for brands/colors?

Mya.jpg

02_240x320.jpg

I will be most likely getting some reddish highlights in the front of my hair for summer.

I am going to get two toned highlights, specifically in the brown/bronze family.

WOW! I would love to change my hair color, I have never dyed my hair permanent or temporary and it's something I would love to do but I am afraid of what i will do to my natural texture. Do you guys have any suggestions for any typr of natural hair color? :)

Will be keeping my hair the same. I think the relaxing over the years has given me dark & light brown(in the sun) hair and I like it. Similar to Thandie Newton's hair color. If I tried the highlight my hair would fall out for sure :(

wow... this will be the first summer since eighth grade that i wont have put a color on my hair! usually i opt for an orangish color a la ciara...

but every since i colored my hair dk brown... i have had an urge to rinse with a jet black or charcoal black :) but im going to wait :ohwell:

my hair has light brownish/reddish tones to it so I guess that will be my summer style. most ppl think I have color or highlights anyway. I guess Im better off though bc my hair cant handle any type of color really. havent tried any of the cellophanes though and I am curious about those.

I was just looking at different colors yesterday at the store. I was thinking of trying something lighter myself. My hair is already dirty brown (as my Mom calls it) so I'm not sure what color just yet. I have another week or two to decide since I just got a touchup on 03/13.

During the summer I usually go lighter but I think I'll try something new and go with my natural color... whatever that is. :lol:

hondahoney007 said:
I want a golden bronze color or a light golden brown.

That is what I want as well, but I don't think that I will do it all over. I'll probably just do the front and maybe a little in the top.

I thought of going light like the brandy pic attached, but I think I will stick with the dark hair I have now.

news_branqengaged.jpg

I'm doing my natural color: light brown. I'm not going to color it black anymore...I'm gonna let it go natural as far as color is concerned.

Jet black rinse every 4 weeks...until I get sick of it. I keep forgetting the gloves and ending up with black/blue/purple fingernails and fingertips....silly me!

At the beginning of March, I applied Textures and Tones(permanent) in Bronze. Its aight, but I found the Sebastian's Colourshines (rinse) in Neutral Brown last week.:yay:

I relaxed last Sunday and will be applying the color this Sunday. Hopefully, the end result will be a warm chocolate:ohwell:

Back