What can i do until I get to optimum moisture?

anniev2

I am a 4b transitioning to relaxed hair. I've been wearing weaves for about a year because I wanted the relaxer to grow out and be able to keep length.

So, I need to get my hair to a good point where I can rock the natural "stretches" (I think thats the right word). Until then, what have others done as far as styles are concerned during the transition phase?? I'm nervous about keeping it straight b/c i want to maintain my curls.

Bumping.. I never got a chance to "transition" because my hair fell out do to an allergic reaction, but I am interested to hear others respond. I think when I did have natural on top and straight ends, I just flat ironed after every wash to blend. Surprisingly, my hair was and stayed in great condition!

up until last week, i used half wigs and textured phony ponytails; now I just co-wash, oct/mt nightly, rinse every morning, detangle with my aveda detangling brush, and moisturize with my leave-in mix (glycerin, silk amino acids, honeyquat, and water), then put in a ponytail and go. this will probably get me through until may when I graduate and reveal my hair (hopefully i'll be past sl)

Back