What Are You Going To Try Next?

CodeRed

So I was thinking of the things/techniques I wanted to try next...

- Coconut cream in my conditioners/by itself. I've already used it but that was early last year and I want to revisit it again. Never used it by itself though...

- Giving shampoo one more try...

- Giovanni Tea Tree Conditioner. I've used it before last year as a sample and it was amazing but I've learned that I have to use things for quite a few washes (a few months) to be sure they're actually going to work in the long term (barring any formula changes)

- The new Shea Moisture Masque (Coconut Water Weightless Moisture)

- Mixing calcium bentonite clay with coconut water and a little vinegar. I want to see how this does as opposed to the majority being vinegar

- Clay washing once a week

Shea Moisture's 10-in-1 shampoo. Had great results with the masque, so I decided to pick up the shampoo from the line.
Curling wand. I LOVE the look, so I want to try it on stretched hair.
Scalp mixes containing sulfur.
Komaza Care's protein treatment. Lots of good reviews on this stuff.
Wash and go. I feel like all naturals should try it at least ONCE!

Wait....There's a new Shea Moisture line? Is it at Walgreens? Where have I been??

Well I guess I'm going to try that now along with the JBCO shampoo, Repure coconut hair gel, SM mousse on wet, freshly washed hair and the SM moisture retention masque because I am very very very late to the party with that one. It just never jumped out at me in the aisles.

I'm also trying out a braid out for the first time in 3 or 4 years this weekend.

I'm going to try infusing some oils. I will also try to do some test samples of henna/indigo/hibiscus for colour, rather than just mixing up a batch, slapping it on and hoping I like what I see. I've only used henna once so this is still very new for me.

Wait....There's a new Shea Moisture line? Is it at Walgreens? Where have I been??

Well I guess I'm going to try that now along with the JBCO shampoo, Repure coconut hair gel, SM mousse on wet, freshly washed hair and the SM moisture retention masque because I am very very very late to the party with that one. It just never jumped out at me in the aisles.

I'm also trying out a braid out for the first time in 3 or 4 years this weekend.

Girl, Shea Moisture come out with something new every few days...

The 10-in-1 is their Superfruit line with the pretty magenta label. Yes, Walgreens carries it. I haven't had much luck with SM , but the mask in this line is amazing.

The nutrients in kelp powder are supposed to promote hair growth and hair thickening. I bought cinnamon and sage to infuse into my oils for the same purpose.

. Oh God no. Now you got me worried folks thinking that's how I really look. I saw that photo in a 30 women you won't believe exist slide show and her skrongness tickled me to death.

Yeah, totally thought that was you. Didn't look too closely though lol

- Mixing calcium bentonite clay with coconut water and a little vinegar. I want to see how this does as opposed to the majority being vinegar
Sodium clay w/coconut water is awesome. Incredibly conditioning from root to tip (no scalp webbing), incredible curl definition, enough slip for detangling.
The inversion method
I will practice this method every month for the rest of the year, at least. This month's trial yielded .5 - 1" of growth.

Next for me is working in sections. I feel it's the only thing I haven't done consistently. I know the benefits will outweigh the length of the process.

Last edited:
I wanna perfect roller setting and flexi rod setting.
There are too many products I need to try. I don't even know where to begin in listing them.

I wan going to ATTEMPT to see if I can fit washing my hair 2x a week into my schedule. I tried it a long time ago, back when I twisted my hair all the time.
I also want to try caruso rollers. I was so mad the other day. I was bidding on a 30 roller set and I thought I was gonna get it for 15 dollars! Then last minute someone swooped in when I wasn't looking and out bid me (ebay).

Overnight DC'ing about twice per month

DC'ing on dry hair with coconut oil and Theraneem Conditioner mix weekly.

The nutrients in kelp powder are supposed to promote hair growth and hair thickening. I bought cinnamon and sage to infuse into my oils for the same purpose.

. Oh God no. Now you got me worried folks thinking that's how I really look. I saw that photo in a 30 women you won't believe exist slide show and her skrongness tickled me to death.

Ashamed to say, I was wondering if that was really you as well. :perplexed: Thanks for clarifying.

i've been wondering , but was too afraid to ask :lol:

Back