What are you doing to your hair this weekend?

Brownie518

Hey, ladies! Just wanted to see what everyone will be doing to their hair this weekend. Henna, cowash, wash, deep conditioning, protein treatment, touch up, blowout, what?
I am starting my four day 12-hour-night work week tonight so I did my deep conditioning and cowash Friday night. I will probably have to do another cowash on Sunday or Monday morning when I get off work. I will be using L'oreal Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme or ORS Replenishing, followed by a nice oil rinse and then a quick rinse of HE Dangerously Straight. The new growth is getting ornery.
So, what will you be doing?

Brownie r u a nurse?

Anyhoo....Im about to go to the gym with conditioner in my hair and after spinning class Im gonna go in the sauna. So I can save time deep conditioning. Then Ill come home and rinse it out, do a shikakai wash, oil light oil rinse (grapeseed oil), and run a little white rain tropical coconut conditioner through it before my final rinse. Then Ill rollerset.

sorry lol....12 hr night shifts sounded too much like nursing! :)

I know. Most people think the same thing. I love the schedule, though. Those days off are the best. We might be changing over to an 8-hour day and I am dreading it. I am looking for another job.:ohwell:

currently dc'ing to be followed by a wash and rollerset... and i'm going to use my FHI for the first time on my roots... yay!

Going to coat my hair with coconut oil tonight to prepare for tomorrow's wash. Tomorrow I'm washing, DCing w/heat(ORS Replenishing Conditioner), moisturise and seal with my favourite oils.

I am currently doing a deep condition with a shea butter cholesterol. I plan to do an oil wash and detangle. I plan to put some small twist in tomorrow. I am trying to find a style to wear my hair for graduation.

I'm going to wash, deep condition for about 15 minutes & roller set my hair. Have a great weekend!

Today is a wash day. I plan on pre pooing with Suave Milk and Honey, pooing with Pantene R&N, and DCing with Pantene R&N Mask.

:cold: Protein/henna gloss (if I'm bold enough) and deep conditioning. I'll probably blow dry with chi products since it's cold.

Last edited:
I was gonna do some wet flexirod action but i think i will just dc and flatiron this weekend

ETA: ack, maybe i won't flat iron and I will flexirod:wallbash:

Brownie, you and Gym....I lub y'all, but y'all are working my pj last nerve.

*jotting down to look for this dayum Hello Hydration Dangerously Straight while at Tar-jay*

:lol:

I need to clarify - start getting the hair prepped for touch up time.
Deep condition with the Pantene BD Mask/Aveda Brilliant/WRTC.

I don't feel like doing a heavy protein, so the Aphogee two minute reconstructor and the Aveda DR treatment will come out the closet.

I may lightly flat iron the hair...still deciding.

Friday I did this:
Prepooed with Vatika oil.
Washed with baking soda diluted.
Applied Suave daily moisturizing conditioner(cone free).
Rinsed Rollerset with Salerm 21 and sealed with Chi silk infusions.
Airdryed in rollers over night.

i just clarified and used a conditioning shampoo.

my new product is miss jessie's. i put it my hair and it seems ok. still seeing more shrinkage than i want but i will be playing with it all weekend to see what i can get out of it

i am also looking for a porosity control type shampoo. none of the hair supplies shops seems to sell it here :ohwell: that and garlic shamppo

i am waiting for xmas break so i can put a texturizer in my hair.

Well, last night I did CandyC's reggie, then an overnite pre-poo. This morn I did RTweety's reggie and now I'm airdrying in a loose ponytail. In about an hour, I'll throw in a phony pony so I can get up outa here.

Well I clarified yesterday but I also intend to DC on dry hair on sunday with Aphogee 2 minute keratin reconstructor and wash out with a light conditioner (co-wash). No more pooing this week-end for me.

Yesterday i did a pre-poo with Amla oil, left it for a few hours, washed with CON shampoo, protein treatment with Aphogee, then deep conditioned with Sahara Oil.

Today i got some braid extentions put in, hopefully i can leave them in for the next 2 or 3 months :)

Tomorrow I will - Clarify with Redken Cleansing Cream, d/c with ORS Pak mixed with oils, apply Salerm 21, seal with oil and then airdry. Nothing special or complicated.

I'm going to do a rollerset with the almighty PIBBS!!!:grin:

Im sitting under it now....but I had to do a quick ponytail rollerset instead of my usual regular one bc hubby wants to go out and about and I couldnt spend half the day on my hair It takes me about 45 minutes to get the rollers in and another 45 to dry...not to mention getting dressed and doing my makeup. Im just gonna saran wrap it when its done so it should still come out pretty smooth...
If it comes out nice, Ill have a new express rollerset routine...ponytail rollersets only take about 5 or 10 minutes to do. I did 6 ponytails with 1-2 big rollers on each one.

I have just completed my relaxer. Now I'm sittin under the dryer with a reconstructor on my hair. I think I follow this by using a moisturizing conditioner next.

I'm bidding on some boots on eBay and some other Christmas shopping online with some LUSH H'Suan Wen Hua on my head! (I posted a thread asking for reviews)

I had a touch-up last week and it's time for some love. I had my reconstruct post-relaxer already and will focus on moisture/hydration today.

I plan to rinse the H'Suan Wen Hua out, oil-wash with olive oil and then apply my Capilo Avocado conditioner. I haven't decided whether to air dry, roller set or flat iron with my FHI Platform (low temp @ 140 just to smooth the cuticle) yet. We'll see...

Back