What almost immediately stops breakage?

Not sure if its due to the dry weather or not having used any protein in a while but im seeing little tiny pieces of hair after my daily scalp massages. i have a bottle of nexus emergencee and motions cpr and thought either of those might help. what else do you think will work? tia

From what it sounds like to me you have two things going on

a) Since you haven't used any protein in a while, you hair is dry because it can't hold on to what ever moisture you are giving it in your usual conditioning. Hair CANNOT hold on to moisture if there is not suffiencent protein.

b) The dry weather is just making it worse.

Try this

a) condition with the motions cpr
b) Follow with a deep moisturizing conditioner for atleast 15 minutes
c) Make sure you use adequate amount of leave in conditioner to help seal in moisture. Don't be afraid to use a little oil on your hair as well to help your retain the newly add moisture.

Doing this should help stop the breakage by restoring both moisture and protein levels. Occlusive agents like silicone and oil help coat the hair to retain moisture. You don't have to use much, just small tad of a little light oil after you do your hair will do the trick. It will also help decrease breakage from manipulation by providing a smoother surface for you styling tools.

You should see improvements within 2-3 washes. The breakage did not happen overnight, it will not be fixed over night. Don't panic and use extra protein thinking that more is better. Too much protein is a much harder situation to correct than too much moisture. After doing this, your hair should start holding on to moisture better.

Not sure if its due to the dry weather or not having used any protein in a while but im seeing little tiny pieces of hair after my daily scalp massages. i have a bottle of nexus emergencee and motions cpr and thought either of those might help. what else do you think will work? tia

Re: Motions CPR you'll probably have to mix an egg with that to make it stronger otherwise Jheri Redding Natural Protein is really good for stopping breakage immediately.

Last edited:
Also maybe you can try moisturizing BEFORE you go in and manipulate your hair with the massages. If your ends are dry, even that kind of manipulation can lead to breakage, so that trick may help as well. I had found moisturizing my hair with a heavier moisturizer (for me Elasta QP Mango Butter) and then sealing with oil ends breakage for me in this cold dry weather. I started seeing some minor breakage when trying to set my hair at night with my foam rollers, and like an idiot I was combing dry hair. But once I moisturized and sealed, everything was great and it stopped immediately. I do use protein weekly though as well, and I also DC with a moisturizing conditioner every wash.

Last edited:
I love the aphogee 2 step protein treatment. it works every time. recently i took my braids out and even after several washes i was still getting clumps of hair falling out!! so i did the aphogee 2 step treatment (actually 3: shampoo, protein, 2 min. balancing moisturizer) and VOILA no more large clumps falling out!!

I love the aphogee 2 step protein treatment. it works every time. recently i took my braids out and even after several washes i was still getting clumps of hair falling out!! so i did the aphogee 2 step treatment (actually 3: shampoo, protein, 2 min. balancing moisturizer) and VOILA no more large clumps falling out!!

Ditto on the Aphogee

From what it sounds like to me you have two things going on

a) Since you haven't used any protein in a while, you hair is dry because it can't hold on to what ever moisture you are giving it in your usual conditioning. Hair CANNOT hold on to moisture if there is not suffiencent protein.

b) The dry weather is just making it worse.

Try this

a) condition with the motions cpr
b) Follow with a deep moisturizing conditioner for atleast 15 minutes
c) Make sure you use adequate amount of leave in conditioner to help seal in moisture. Don't be afraid to use a little oil on your hair as well to help your retain the newly add moisture.

Doing this should help stop the breakage by restoring both moisture and protein levels. Occlusive agents like silicone and oil help coat the hair to retain moisture. You don't have to use much, just small tad of a little light oil after you do your hair will do the trick. It will also help decrease breakage from manipulation by providing a smoother surface for you styling tools.

You should see improvements within 2-3 washes. The breakage did not happen overnight, it will not be fixed over night. Don't panic and use extra protein thinking that more is better. Too much protein is a much harder situation to correct than too much moisture. After doing this, your hair should start holding on to moisture better.

Is too much protein when you get long strands back? I'm getting this not small strands - great info by the way.

You know this is the same thing with me. A small dust some how makes the hair break less. I wonder why.........

I just incorporated Aphogee 2 min reconstructor and I plan to use the 2 step in the next couple days. The 2 min made my hair to strong yet soft. Reduced breakage significantly. It was amazing.

scissors. works every time for me lol. Mizani Rose H20 is good too.

You know this is the same thing with me. A small dust some how makes the hair break less. I wonder why.........

I'm really glad u mentioned this, it' like my hair has been saying to me for mths now "clip the ends, dust me, dust me" and i didn't listen. Just now as i type this i have the togurt mix in my hair and while applying the mix my hair began screaming, "clip me, trim me". Prettyface, thanks for saying this because it's like confirmation that i really need to dust my ends. We ought to really listen to our hair.!:yep: I'm sure after i do this it will make a world of difference.

Back