What a TANGLED Mess...vent

punchinella

I purchased some conditioner from Motions called Weightless Detangling Conditioner.
The bottle said Oil Free – No Build Up and it smelled yummy like some tropical starburst or something.
I got in the shower wet my hair started with my garlic conditioner (as I always do). I applied the new conditioner and right away I knew right away something was wrong. I had to look at the bottle again to see if it really said detangling. I added some other conditioner that I had in my shower and put on a plastic cap.
After I showered I rinsed the conditioner out and tried to untangle with my fingers under the running water, oh boy!:( So I put on some VO-5 Passion fruit conditioner and let it sit for about 1 min. I tried to detangle by hand but it was not working. I used my wide tooth shower comb under the running water and eventually got it detangled. When I was done hair was everywhere, on my arms, shoulders, and all over the shower walls and floor. There was enough hair to fill the palm of my hand:eek:.

This was horrible because just yesterday I posted how much my hair had improved and how my hair loss had been reduced since I came to LHCF. I am just going to stick to what has been working so far.
As soon as I finished and got dressed I took that stuff back to the store. That junk curbed my PJ craving (for now anyway).

I'm sorry that that happened to you. I've tried that conditioner before and it left my hair feeling like spun silk. Just goes to show everything's not for everyone.

:kiss: Soooo Sorry That Happened To You.I Know How You Feel.I Had That Dilemma A Couple Of Days Ago Trying To Detangle First With Suave Coconut And Water And I Had Some Hair In My Hand Too:whyme: :wallbash: ...I Won't Be Doing That Junk Again.There Goes Bsl:(

I am sooo sorry this happened. I can definately relate. Something simuilar happened to me a few months back..w/ a dominican garlic conditioner.

I wonder if garlic and another mystery ingredient causing this? I think there have been other women on the board who experienced tangles with use of garlic.

IMO you need to use what you know work unless you are willing to take that kind of risk with your hair.

WHen you are trying new products, remember all products will not work together. There are certain conditioners I can't use together. I remember that when I used to use motions, the conditioners always worked better when I used the motions shampoo right before it, not some other shampoo.

Probably something in the garlic conditioner clashes with something in the motions conditioner.

Anyways, sorry that happened to you...I've experienced the same thing.

Punchinella it's horrible that this happened to you especillay after you started seeing some progress. I know how frustrated that can be, believe me.
I have a question. When you wash your hair do you kind of crumble it up or just leave it straight? I have found that it is best just to leave my hair straight when washing and work in the poo/con evenly with my finger tips. HTH.

I feel ya wholeheartedly. I used a conditioner (nexxus knock off suave cheapie) and I had tangles ALL over the place.... I was so hurt. I tossed that junk in the garbage. lol

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
I feel ya wholeheartedly. I used a conditioner (nexxus knock off suave cheapie) and I had tangles ALL over the place.... I was so hurt. I tossed that junk in the garbage. lol

That's exactly what Nexxus Humectress did to me. It left my hair badly tangled. I gave it to my sister and it's the best thing ever for her hair.

Back