Wha t protective stlyes can I use for short hair

jellynote

My hair is in the middle of my neck. I usually wear my hair in a ponytail or phonytail. I don't waer my hair down because I like to keep my ends moist.
smile.gif

Re: Wha t protective stlyes can I use for short hair

There was a recent thread about protective styles and short hair. You might want to do a search using those terms.

I think the style worn in the link below by my one of my favorite idols
notworthy.gif
(I'd kill to have this head on me!
love.gif
) is not only BEEEEAUTIFUL but it keeps the ends nicely tucked away and so qualifies as a protective style. I think you could even do it with two French braids on either side of your head meeting in the back and then tuck the tails of the braids under so your ends are "protected" from the drying air.

Check out
notworthy.gif
Aldrea's Protective Do and Variation
notworthy.gif
Actually if you haven't browsed her entire album, you've gotta!
smile.gif
It's a must see!!!! Her album is a shrine I visit often when I need some inspiration. *sigh*

Thanks nonie her album is good, but my hair isn't that long yet
ohwell.gif
!

Jellynote, how long is your hair, scalp-to-ends? Maybe we can all put on our creative thinking caps and come out with ideas....

How about flat twists meeting pony-tail style and then adding a puff or pony attachment to cover the ends? Could work with cornrows too.
look.gif
Or if you don't like either of those, since you can do a pony, you should be able to adapt Adrienne's Bun/Pony Method, perhaps with a shorter more realistic attachment for your length of hair.

Cocodiva (Aldrea)'s hair album is my all time favorite.

(Just had to mention that
wink.gif

nonie my hair isn't as long as Adrienne's either, but I can put a phony on. I'll measure my hair tonight after I do my co wash I'll give you my measurements then. Thank you for your advice. I just hate being in this in between stage
wallbash.gif

Jellynote, your hair doesn't need to be as long as Adrienne's. The fact that you can put it in a pony tail, means you can put a plastic baggy over the pony ie the ends of your hair to keep them moist and attach a fake pony the way Adrienne demonstrates in her album.

Oh I didn't know that, but my hair can barely get into a pony tail though.

[ QUOTE ]
jellynote said:
My hair is in the middle of my neck. I usually wear my hair in a ponytail or phonytail. I don't waer my hair down because I like to keep my ends moist.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What about wrapping your hair? I am always afraid of doing too many ponytails because of the hair breakage

[ QUOTE ]
BandB2003 said:
[ QUOTE ]
jellynote said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wrapping my hair all the time, but I thought the ponytail helped to keep my ends moist. I don't wear my hair down anymore because I want it to grow and my ends to stay moist. I was using my Caruso, but I changed my mind an did the pony or phony to keep my ends moist and by doing this my ends aren't splitting.
smile.gif
Nonie the top of my head is 7 inches and my sides an back are 3 1/2 inches. I didn't have any hair on the sides or the back of my neck 6 months ago.

What about wrapping your hair? I am always afraid of doing too many ponytails because of the hair breakage

[/ QUOTE ]

Back