Wet Set Wrap

theLovelyStyle

So last night was my first attempt at wet setting my hair in a wrap and it came out horrible this morning! It was all poofy(im relaxed 4 weeks post) and definitely not the straight-look I was going for. You see im trying to reduce the amount of heat I put in m hair to get that look but apparently Im doing something wrong cause It definitely didnt work.

This is what I did:
I cowshed last night and put EQP leave-in and EQP design foam for wraps.
I wrapped my hair...(i sux at wrapping because I could never get the crown to lay in way to not mess up the rest of the wrap) and let it airdry under my satin scarf over night.

I was thinking perhaps I didnt wrap tight enough or maybe i needed a stronger setting lotion...IDK...help? Advice? Tips?

If you part (vertical) your hair in the back from the top of head to the nape it would be a good starting point to do a smooth wrap. Comb hair down and around at the same time smoothing it with your free hand. Doing it this way helps the crown lie flat. OR you could put 2 large gray magnetic rollers in the crown and follow the same directions (above) and this could help you with the crown area. Oy, I wish I could explain this better - it is much easier than I am explaining. Make sure hair is wet not just damp and apply products lightly. Also, dry hair under a hooded dryer for at least 15-20 minutes and then airdry the remaining time - if you go to bed on a wet wrap, as you can see, you will not get good results.

I included a link to give a visual idea....HTH

http://public.fotki.com/LadyLibra-30/new-hair-cut-1023--1024/new-hair-cut-019.html

Last edited:
Good luck!

Perhaps some of the others will come in and share their techniques too.

BTW, I noticed that you are trying to use less heat but roller-wraps are good too (and easier and gives more body/bounce):

Shampoo & Deep Condition
Spray hair generously with purified/distilled water
Apply leave-in and serum or foam
Apply large rollers
Dry hair (thoroughly)
Apply a smidgen of serum
Wrap hair and apply Saran Wrap
Sit under dryer for 10-15 minutes

HTH

I used have that problem because I could not consistently wrap it smooth. Now I cross-wrap, which is so much easier. Basically I part is down the middle and wrap the ends around to the front. Someone posted a youtube video on this; so I will try to find it.

I do the second variation in this video on my wet hair --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35e4glHyuII

I use Keracare Wrap Set Lotion and Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in. Then I cross at the back and use the long alligator clips until I get my scarf on. Once my scarf is on, I gently pull the alligator clips out (I can't sleep with them in).

this is the best way for me to airdry, then i flat iron.
the best way to do it is to bsically have your hair dripping wet.apply serum wrap with a wide tooth then go over with a smaller comb. tie down with a scarf.
sometimes i use nairobi foam wrap.

I used have that problem because I could not consistently wrap it smooth. Now I cross-wrap, which is so much easier. Basically I part is down the middle and wrap the ends around to the front. Someone posted a youtube video on this; so I will try to find it.

You know what I never tried cross wrapping on wet hair...I ususally do it on dry hair but I will definitely try this as well

Back