Weird Ends Stuff

Neith

Two things:

When I wear braids/twists, after the braid or twists is finished, there are always a few shed hairs hanging out the ends.

I have a bad (I guess) habit of pulling them. They are shed hairs that have the bulb and everything. Is that normal? Or am I not detangling good enough?

Also once in a while at the very tip of a shed hair, only maybe 1/8th to 1/16th of an inch up, the hair is blond and fine. I'm assuming it's a split end?

Not the most important questions of all time, but I feel reflective at the moment :lol:

Two things:

When I wear braids/twists, after the braid or twists is finished, there are always a few shed hairs hanging out the ends.

I have a bad (I guess) habit of pulling them. They are shed hairs that have the bulb and everything. Is that normal? Or am I not detangling good enough?

Also once in a while at the very tip of a shed hair, only maybe 1/8th to 1/16th of an inch up, the hair is blond and fine. I'm assuming it's a split end?

Not the most important questions of all time, but I feel reflective at the moment :lol:

I think this is normal. At least it is for me. It's always been that way for me since I've gone natural. I just don't think you can get ALL of the shed hairs out.

My aunt always told me that split ends were lighter in color, but I've not ever noticed this on myself.

I think this is normal. At least it is for me. It's always been that way for me since I've gone natural. I just don't think you can get ALL of the shed hairs out.

My aunt always told me that split ends were lighter in color, but I've not ever noticed this on myself.

Thanks for replying!

That makes sense, of course I can't get all the sheds out. :yep:

Some of my splits are just split normally in the y shape, but some taper into a little blonde hair at the very end. I thought that was weird, lol.

This happens to me too, and I'm relaxed. I probably don't get all of the shed hairs out because I only detangle with a wide-toothed comb.

Yeah I get the same thing, especially when I haven't detangled well. Its just shed hair. I don't like pulling for some reason, so I just take the sissors to them. Like stated from Simply Kelz, I used a wide tooth comb and probally not getting all the shed hair out. At least every so often I take a fine tooth comb and take small parts and detangle. It works well. Just take longer to do, but its worth it.

Back