Weave maintenance....

Mena

I have a little more hair left out of my weave than usual....what do you guys do to make sure you hair doesn't break off while wearing weaves?

Hmm tough question. I love the way my hair looks when I leave my hair out. It looks so natural. I try not to put heat on my hair. I also use lots of protein and moisturizer on the hair that I leave out.

I must say supermodelsonya is right best to limit heat and use silk scarf religiously. I also recommend keeping up a conditioning schedule. If you are weaved up excluding the crown area resembling a horseshoe pattern then I would use aphogee 2 min Keratin conditioner to that area at least once a week..this should be in addition to your normal wash routine..provided that you already have a good regimen that you were following previously. Not too much combing or brushing, and if your not going anywhere special use nice scarf, head bands or hairclips to reduce over manipulating and heating your hair just for everyday blending purposes. On days when I'm not doing much I put on a nice scarf covering my horseshoe and try to only finger comb...I would super super baby this hair since its not use to being manipulated.

hope this helps

I have way more than the horseshoe out this time. I think I am just going to wash every 2 weeks like I use to. I will keep it moisturized in between though. I am trying to minimize manipulation because I know what can happen!

I must say supermodelsonya is right best to limit heat and use silk scarf religiously. I also recommend keeping up a conditioning schedule. If you are weaved up excluding the crown area resembling a horseshoe pattern then I would use aphogee 2 min Keratin conditioner to that area at least once a week..this should be in addition to your normal wash routine..provided that you already have a good regimen that you were following previously. Not too much combing or brushing, and if your not going anywhere special use nice scarf, head bands or hairclips to reduce over manipulating and heating your hair just for everyday blending purposes. On days when I'm not doing much I put on a nice scarf covering my horseshoe and try to only finger comb...I would super super baby this hair since its not use to being manipulated.

hope this helps

Thank you for the information. I'm natural and was afraid I would break the top part of my hair off more with it being left out and heat being applied. I tried to limit the amount of heat to my hair.

Back