Weave Hair - Halley's Curls or Wagman's???

yodie

I love Extensions Plus, but they're ALWAYS out of stock for the relaxed texture hair. I want hair that's similar to Extensions Plus Relaxed Texture.
I guess it's down to Halley's Curls or Wagman's. For the ladies that have tried one or both, please give me feedback. Even if you haven't tried Extensions Plus Relaxed Texture, please tell me whether you've ordered from Halley's or Wagman's and what you think of their relaxed texture.

Also, is there a GREAT BSS brand that's similar to Extensions Plus Relaxed Texture that I can use in a crunch?

Thanks

I haven't used either but you could do a search on blackhairmedia.com. Another brand that seems to have good reviews are senghori shells (I have not used this brand also but the reviews look good also).

I've used senghori and extensions plus, ep is the winner by far. Senghori has thin wefts that shed and left me with an itchy scalp. Im usually able to reuse my hair at least twice and this went in the garbage as soon as I took it out. I plan to visit the indique boutique here in ny to see the hair up close. I also plan on purchasing Wagmans hair in the near future for my summer installs.

Sent from my PC36100

beana, darn! Itchy scalp? I already ordered the senghori. The Indique looks good, but it doesn't come in colors. I love Extensions Plus, but they're out of my hair and they always seem to be out.

So, do you think Wagman's is a better product

Glad it wasn't the Halley's Curls. I had this installed on the 6th and while the color is a great match, it sheds horribly and is tangle-city.

This is my first install, so I didn't realize that even though I shampooed the hair before the install it could still make my head itch this much. I've shampooed again and it's slightly better but not completely gone.

skraprchik, did the Senghori Shells shed and make your scalp itch? Just clarifying.

Nope, the Halley's Curls!

That's why I said I'm glad you didn't end up buying that. I'd love to hear how the Senghori Shells works out for you. I hear that the EP Relaxed Texture in 1B is always out of stock, and I think that's what I'd need to purchase.

To combat the shedding that may happen is to seal the wefts. I use HE101 weft sealer but some use fray check, fray block or even clear nail polish.

yodie, yes intense itching! the beard hairs are so short they poke your scalp. The itching decreases once your hair grows out.

Some women really like the hair, I don't and will never repurchase it again.

Ladies just make half wigs with the hair. That way you get the best of both worlds: flawless blending and an itch-free scalp.

Ughhh... Let me give you my review of my install with HC.....

I spent around $500 for the hair. I got 1 14", 1 16", 1 18", and a 16" closure. I'm thinking this is going to be an investment so no biggie on how much it cost. Then I got the hair I followed the conditioning instructions that came with it (I also did an AVC rinse on it). During the first wash stages I only lost 2 strands of hair (I was specifically looking) so I didn't bother to seal it. Well within the first week it got tangles and matted sooo bad. I just passed my 1 month mark of wearing it and I've lost about 40% of the hair due to it tangling and matting. I first started putting it in 6 braids. Now I'm down to only 4. I don't recommend this hair at all. The only reason it's still on my head is because it was my first big purchase of hair.

Wow. Is it possible to get a refund of some of the hair you haven't used? (If you haven't used it all)

Glad it wasn't the Halley's Curls. I had this installed on the 6th and while the color is a great match, it sheds horribly and is tangle-city.

This is my first install, so I didn't realize that even though I shampooed the hair before the install it could still make my head itch this much. I've shampooed again and it's slightly better but not completely gone.

I agree. Halley's Curls is an expensive mess. My natural 4B hair is easier to deal with than that.

Ladies, thank you for these reviews. Glad I didn't order HC. I'll check out Indique when I go home to Jersey.

beana, darn! Itchy scalp? I already ordered the senghori. The Indique looks good, but it doesn't come in colors. I love Extensions Plus, but they're out of my hair and they always seem to be out.

So, do you think Wagman's is a better product

yodie - I see you already ordered the SS relaxed, and I could never afford EP although I have used and love Indique. Here is an amazing thread on BHM for the SS relaxed texture:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/senghori-shells-relaxed-rhythm-pics_topic331025.html

This girl's hair is the BOMBdotcom! All the different styles and curls look amazing. Plus she said it lasted a long time and very well. I love her blog as well, her fashion and beauty are all off the chain IMO.

EbonyCPrincess, thanks for sharing this link. I'll check it out. EP is my all time favorite, but they're always out of hair. Very unreliable at the moment. Question about Indique's relaxed texture is it silky straight? I need some texture. EP matches my texture VERY well.

I have the Senghori Shells (sp?) but it's the natural rhythms. My only regret is not getting it in a longer length. I chose the 14, should've went with the 16. I made it into a half wig (which I'm still trying to perfect) and I love it. I split the wefts and sealed them twice and I've had no problems. I wanted Halleys but they had too many bad reviews, I also think it comes down to if you get a good batch with them. I've tried wag man's natural body and it didn't tangle, the wefts were strong and I didn't have any problems.

Has anyone used Onyc? I am ordering hair this week and looking for reviews as well. I plan on getting kinky curly.

Can I get some links to these websites please ladies? I gooogle them and find websites with no options to purchase. TIA!

I have used HC Gentle Wave Relaxed and I would not repurchase. Although the hair didn't nap or tangle, and it didn't shed (I sealed the wefts), I found the hair coarser than I would've liked, which made it hard to style. Clips, bobby pins, combs, etc would all slide out because the hair was so thick. I took it out sooner than I wanted to.

I don't have any experience with Wags. For my next install, I'm looking at Indique, Hairextensionaires, or Adore J'atore. I'll prob get a Brazilian Body Wave or something along those lines.

Last edited:
I had HC GWR. It was okay. It did shed some, and to me it got tangled as time went on, but I think it was regular weave tangle. If I was relaxed I'd use it again but because i'm transitioning I'll probably do something natural rhythms/kinky straight.

Wow. Is it possible to get a refund of some of the hair you haven't used? (If you haven't used it all)

I didn't even use the 18". It's hard for me to get to the post office (I'm sure they would want it mailed back). So I just chunked it up as a loss.

HC is a hot mess! Ive tried the GWR and the SR...they both matt up shed and tangle terribly! Its a complete waste of money IMO. I also dont like the fact that they do not stand by their product. You can show them how awful the hair is and never find any recourse with them. I used SR about 2 years ago and had the best experience. Wore the hair for quite some time and my only complaint then was a bit of tangling. But purchases made after the initial one, was a complete nightmare.

Last year I started wearing Senghori Shells---love this line. Ive worn both Relaxed Rhythms and Natural Rhythms, currently I have NR installed. I am natural and this hair is exactly like my hair. I split my wefts and seal with HE101. The other thing I like about Senghori Shells is the wonderful customer service they provide. Its an expensive line that is very comparable to EP IMO.

I am surprised to find bad statements about halley's curls hair on this thread lol. I use salon relaxed and I've had it since August. I've worn it everyday (via clip ins) and the hair still looks great!!! A few weeks ago I had problems with tangling, but a bleach bath fixed all of that and I don't have to carry a brush around anymore :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE this hair lol

I am surprised to find bad statements about halley's curls hair on this thread lol. I use salon relaxed and I've had it since August. I've worn it everyday (via clip ins) and the hair still looks great!!! A few weeks ago I had problems with tangling, but a bleach bath fixed all of that and I don't have to carry a brush around anymore :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE this hair lol

When you find yourself standing over some wefts with some bleach and ammonia, it's gotten rough. Oh, I know! :lol:

Back