Waxing below

syze6

Don't know if this is the right section but I was wondering if any of you ladies do your own bazillion waxing. I'm thinking of trying for the first time and was wondering if I should let a professional do it or it's easy to do at home.

syze6

this should be makeup-skincare section. razor doesn't last as long as waxing and you would want to pay someone to do the removal as there will be angles that will be easier to be reached if done by someone else as opposed to yourself. waxing is done lying down instead standing up.

Pay someone at least until you're skin is a bit trained the hair roots are deep and tough lol
Also try to find a place that does sugaring or halawa(h) more gentle

Please don't do like my sister, she saw me doing it ( I am a beauty therapist and also teach aesthetic ) and thought it was easy. Well, to cut the story short she end up calling 999 (uk).

Hot wax wax is much better and less painful than the warm wax and does not cause in growing hair.

Brazilian waxes are worth paying the extra money for a professional to do. I definitely do not recommend this as a DIY project.

I think there is a thread in the makeup an beauty side of the forum that discusses tips on grooming the lady business.

Definitely get your first couple/few done by a professional. You may want to schedule it 2 weeks before/after your cycle because you're more sensitive to pain the closer you get to your cycle. Take 800 mg of ibuprofen 1 hour before your appointment.

Last edited:
Go to someone else. I have been getting Brazilian waxes for almost a decade and it still hurts. I would never do it myself and do not recommend anyone try it for the first time.

I've got my own wax heater and everything a few months ago and the first time I tried I was left with a bald patch for a few weeks. I still haven't managed to do the whole thing but right now I make sure the back part is done. And the last time I done it I thought to my self that I could probably manage going a bit further now on to the lips. You are supposed to use hard wax but I honestly find it easier to use the soft wax even though you are more likely to tear off skin that way. I agree with what a poster said above, go and get it done professionally the first few times until the roots get weaker. Then you will probably find it easier to maintain yourself.

OP, Please do NOT do a DIY Brazilian..... Go to a spa that does waxing.... Do not go to a nail salon that does waxing....

We have a place here called European Wax Center and OMG the extra
money spent was sooooooooooooooo worth the results.. I have a high pain tolerance so the pain was fine for me.

Don't do it! Once I wanted to do one of the DIY Sally Hensen Bikini wax. I ended up having to cut the strip with a razor. I was not bold enough to pull it hard enough.

Back