Warning for Jilbere/Conair shower comb users!

alireno

I love these combs and I have quite a few. Anyway, after rinsing my hair just now I decided to use one of them to comb my leave-in through. I usually use my fingers, don't know why I didn't this time. Anyway, I tried combing through my hair and it got stuck. I looked in the mirror and saw that some of my hair was actually caught on two of the teeth. I used my other hand and worked the comb out. I did lose some hair in the process, not too much to cry over. What happened is that there was some excess glue that was used for the balls on the teeth. The glue was peeling away from the comb and my hair got caught between the glue and the comb. I own about 5 of these combs and this is the only one that I had a problem with. Just take a moment to check out the teeth of your comb before using it.
smile.gif

I checked mine out the moment I purchased it. It works great. I'll be sure to do the same when I purchase another one.

Thanks for the warning. Mine is fine so far, but I will definately keep an eye on it from now on.
smile.gif

This is an excellent hair comb.

I saw this comb at Sallys months ago, even before all of the raves about it, but since I am a natural head I thought that finger combing was better.

Well over the weekend I picked up the comb. I started using it two days ago and I am thoroughly impressed. This comb is wonderful. I realize now that I really haven't been doing a good job at distributing conditioner along the entire hair shaft and in the back part of my hair just by finger combing.

Before using the comb I couldn't understand why you guys were getting more than one. Now I want to go back and buy one for my mom and sisters and get an extra one for me to use while I am travelling.

Thanks Valleygirl and others for starting the raves about this comb.

--kc

Yeah I love my pink one (favorite color). I am natural too, and i use it outside the shower, and it is great.

I got mine on Monday and I love it. I plan on buying one for my nephew who braids his hair and another on for me tomorrow to use out of the shower.

The Jilbere shower comb is my second favorite comb (followed right behind my $20 seamless widetooth tortiose comb), and I am so impressed how it just glides through hair w/conditioner.

I went out and purchased a jumbo detangler comb at the beauty supply store. Its by a brand called Annie. Oh my goodness!!! I don't know why I haven't purchased one of these before now. The comb just glided through my hair and got rid of my tangles. It was only $1.25. I am so impressed!! Thanks for posting this thread.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

pooh123

Back