Vote on your Fav name for a new length marker

Between WL and HL ? Vote on a name for this length

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lucia

Well since were coming up with all kinds of funny and creative names for lengths I wanted to name an in-between length
I was just wondering what we could call the length bt WL and HL
Here's some I came up with

1. Whip length (Bt WL and HL) WPL
2. Belt buckle length BBL
3. Below belly button Length BBBL or 3BL
4. Lower back length LBL
Vote away

Last edited:
OP, when you say HL, do you mean hip bone length (as some people do) or is your HL the actual hip position, which in my diagram below would be around TBL? Just trying to get an idea of the position you're referring to.

esHairLengthApproximationChart-vi.jpg
KEY:
NL = neck length; SL = shoulder length; CBL = collarbone length; APL = armpit length; BSB = below shoulder blades; MBL = midback length; WL = waist length; HBL = hipbone length; BL = butt length; MTL = mid-thigh length; KL = knee length; MCL = mid-calf length; AL = ankle length; then I added FL (floor length, even though it's not a body part just coz I'd drawn the line and didn't feel like coloring it out).
ETA: If you are looking for a length that falls between waist length and true hip (position) length, then I vote for LBL=lower back length, because the small of the back looks like it'd be somewhere between those, looking at my diagram, and it is low in the back and halfway between the waist and hips, kinda. :up:

I'll wait for your answer though before I cast my vote.

Last edited:
Nonie
Yes I mean the length between WL and HPL hipbone which is true HL
Oh yeah I didnt post purgatory cause theirs 2 of purgatories 1 bt BSL and WL and other bt WL and HL.
I'm partial to Whip length myself cause that's what imma do when I get there :lol:

Last edited:
I like below belly button. Purgatory is too ambiguous lol purgatory is the in between stages for ALL lengths. I feel like I'm in purgatory right now.

Nonie
Yes I mean the length between HPL hipbone which is true HL and Tailbone TL
Oh yeah I didnt post purgatory cause theirs 2 of purgatories 1 bt BSL and WL and other bt WL and HL.
I'm partial to Whip length myself cause that's what imma do when I get there :lol:

And between MBL-WL (where I am now :sad:)

Lower back Length..I like how self explainitory(sp?) it is..
LBL...man, it'll be yeaarrrss before I get there I'm sure :/

hl and belly button length are the same on me XD (er if brush my hair to the front i mean)

lol at purgatory

@Nonie
Yes I mean the length between WL and HPL hipbone which is true HL

Oh OK.

On my diagram and on me that distance is so short (only 2 inches for me). :lol: But I am a squirt so I imagine it's larger for tall folks.

I guess LBL would still be the best choice for me.

And yes I do realize HL on the forum is hip bone length, I just have a problem getting that straight in my head coz I keep reading HL as hip length not hipbone length (coz we have CBL as collarbone length). I'm a sucker for consistency (Why no B? :whyme:). :lol:

BTW, in case anyone cares, the reason I don't call the hipbone position the true hip position is because in the human body the bone referred to as the "hip bone" is higher than the area we normally call "hips". (Just like the collar bone isn't where collars normally are.) So whenever people would say their hair was "hip length", I would expect to see the ends swinging halfway down their butt around the hips, thus hip length. And I remember someone else being just as confused. But I do see that a lot of people do understand HL as being the hip bone not hips. (Visual)-

Not trying to change the rules here, just stating where I was coming from with my using the phrase "true hip position", which in the images I posted would be TBL where the hips of that lady are located.

BTW notice in that visual how close the waist is to the hipbone, which is why I am a bit confused by the need to divide such a short distance and give it a name and why I thought it was the bigger distance between the waist and the actual hips (TBL) that we were talking about

Last edited:
Oh OK.

On my diagram and on me that distance is so short (only 2 inches for me). :lol: But I am a squirt so I imagine it's larger for tall folks.

I guess LBL would still be the best choice for me.

BTW, in case anyone cares, the reason I don't call the hip bone position the true hip position is because in the human body the bone referred to as the "hip bone" is higher than the area we normally call "hips". (Just like the collar bone isn't where collars normally are.) So whenever people would say their hair was "hip length", I would expect to see the ends swinging halfway down their butt around the hips, thus hip length. And I remember someone else being just as confused. But I do see that a lot of people do understand HL as being the hip bone not hips. (Visual)

Not trying to change the rules here, just stating where I was coming from with my using the phrase "true hip position", which in the images I posted would be TBL where the hips of that lady are located.

omg Nonie, i think that visual you posted has been the best definition for me! thanks!!!!

now if only i wasnt so tubby, then i could feel my hip bones!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen::nono::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I voted for lower back length because that's what i've been unofficially calling my current length. I feel like it's an accomplishment to be between waist and hip and am glad to have a marker name for it.

I say LBL LOWER BACK LENGTH!!! WAAAHOOOOO

I voted LBL (Lower back length). Seems my belly button is low and practically at the top of my hip bone. :perplexed Suddenly I feel freakishly deformed. :blush:

Nonie thanks for the visual and detailed explanation.

NJoy
You're fine everbodys unique

To all
I guess belt buckle length is out :lol:

Last edited:
Awww! I really like "whip length"!
Oh well, I guess it's leaning towards Lower Back Length as things go.
3BL just reminds me of a girl-band....lol! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OP, when you say HL, do you mean hip bone length (as some people do) or is your HL the actual hip position, which in my diagram below would be around TBL? Just trying to get an idea of the position you're referring to.

esHairLengthApproximationChart-vi.jpg
KEY:
NL = neck length; SL = shoulder length; CBL = collarbone length; APL = armpit length; BSB = below shoulder blades; MBL = midback length; WL = waist length; HBL = hipbone length; BL = butt length; MTL = mid-thigh length; KL = knee length; MCL = mid-calf length; AL = ankle length; then I added FL (floor length, even though it's not a body part just coz I'd drawn the line and didn't feel like coloring it out).
ETA: If you are looking for a length that falls between waist length and true hip (position) length, then I vote for LBL=lower back length, because the small of the back looks like it'd be somewhere between those, looking at my diagram, and it is low in the back and halfway between the waist and hips, kinda. :up:

I'll wait for your answer though before I cast my vote.

I am so printing this length chart! Thanks :yep:.

Just wanted to add that I think back lengths help to keep things consistent. If we use below bellybutton, then you'd have to bring your hair forward or tie a belt around you at belly button level so you can guage where on your back bellybutton position is.

Otherwise if you pull your hair forward to see if it reaches you bellybutton, you'd have the issue of "losing some length" coz your hair has to travel forward first before down:

LengthCheck1-vi.jpg

I suppose you can turn your head to one side so you bring the hair forward and pull it down to your belly button:

LengthCheck2-vi.jpg

But I just like the idea of all length checks being on the same side: the back.

Last edited:
I feel like SL - APL should definitely qualify as a purgatory length. That's where lots of people seem to run into issues/stay there for over a year.

Back