VERY CONfused and about to cry, my edges are not growing..

angeleyez04

My edges have been really thin for years, so has the rest of my hair but i think for the past three years they got a lot worse because of the frequency with which i did braids. I discovered LCHF and i have been doing a lot better with caring for my hair. So i decided to get a weave on monday ( i had planned to do it at a place recommended by a LCHF member but my aunt told me she loved this lady...:ohwell:) to help grow my hair out and trust me i told the lady but she braided and sew it too tight, i had leave hair out around my head so i wear my hair up again she left very little hair out, barely an inch in. Its been two days the rest of my hair has loosened up but the edges are soooo tight, am afraid this is gonna do some major damage. I have all the the growth aids, been applying a MT/OCT mixture daily, also trying out Profectiv topical treatment and might start using BB growth serum. I washed it today to help with the itching, but i dont know if i should take it out or give it time... Someone, anybody tell me what to do:sad:
It technically my second sew in my first only lasted a two days because it was itching so bad.

1. Are you allergic to weave hair or thread? That may be the cause of the itching in which case no amount of washing is going to help you now. Many people find that they need to soak the hair prior to using it in order to get rid of the chemicals on it. After that they don't itch anymore. I think people use a mixture of ACV (apple cider vinegar) and water. Check growafrohairlong.com for details.

2. If it is braided too tight, no amount of washing is going to stop your hair from being pulled out. Next time if someone is braiding too tight you need to stop them and have them loosen it up. If they don't then you need to get out of the chair and leave. For now, I suggest you take the weave out. It's a waste of money but chalk it up to a lesson learned.

You have enough growth aids to get your hair back in shape so just continue whatever it is that has been working so far. Make sure not to have any stress on your edges including tight ponytails or pulled back styles, headbands, braids, etc.

ITA with msa. It sucks to have spent money, but letting the weave stay in is just going to hurt more than help. The more it happens, the more likely it is for you to develop alopecia.

And when you are paying for a service from someone, no matter how recommended they are, you are entitled to insist on what you asked for or walk away. You are the one who has to live with your hair.

Hey!!!!

MSA gave some excellent advice. I'm still working on my edges, so I know what you're going through. Keep those edges moisturized too.

Good Luck!!! Keep up posted.

Back