Using individual braids to do a braidout

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Do any of you do this? I want to do a braidout, but I can't braid to the scalp so I'm thinking of doing about 12 individual braids and putting rollers on the ends.

Yes I do, individuals are fine and come out great but the braidout just doesnt last as long as when I do cornrows.

Babygurl said:
Yes I do, individuals are fine and come out great but the braidout just doesnt last as long as when I do cornrows.
Your hair is super long for singles. Do you use a product that gives you alot of slip, while braiding to keep the hair shaft nice and smooth? Are either of you using alternative hair, synthetic or human, with your braids?

Yes, I do individual 2-strand twists. I think there are some pics in my album of that. I also make sure I use a ton of a creamy leave-in conditioner... and I braid very loosely.

I try doing single plaits however I've had problems. I've made the braids too big or the last time they were way too small and I used a bit much of the setting lotion. My hair was cute for about five minutes then it went POOOOOOOF BOOOM HA try again.

I have yet to master the art. I think it might be a little easier once my hair is a tad longer. I'm right about chin length right now and I'm practicing. That reminds me I need to update my fotki.

Back