UPDATE: My Keraphix Usage

I used Keraphix for the first time on September 16. I posted a message about this entitled "High Praises for Keraphix". I lost very few strands of hair during the comb out after rinsing. However, I did notice that my shedding had started back again about three days after using Keraphix. Maybe that was because it was time for my relaxer.

Anyway, I did a retouch last night with my usual relaxer Luster's Pink Oil Conditioning relaxer. Used the conditioner that came with the relaxer. Also, decided to try Motions Silk Protein Moisturizing Conditioner. I applied the Motions silk and left it in for three minutes. When combing my hair, I noticed that I was shedding more hair than I did using Keraphix. So, I rinsed my hair again and applied the Keraphix, combed it through, and lost maybe ten strands of hair. My hair felt stronger, too.

So, in regards to my shedding, Motions Silk Protein does not work for me. But, Keraphix is the bomb!
laugh.gif
smile.gif
laugh.gif

MY QUESTION IS: Is it okay to use Keraphix weekly to get my shedding under control as long as it does not make my hair too hard and brittle? Also, I think I will try the Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner following next application of Keraphix. Some of you recommended this because of the slip.

Thanks. I look forward to reading your replies.

wave.gif
wave.gif
wave.gif

I would say once a week at max! keraphix is a reconstructor so you have to be careful not to over do it. I am currently using the Joico Kpacreconstructor and I was told by a hair guy to leave it in my hair for 10-12 hours!!! So, Im trying it today....=)

Re: UPDATE: My Keraphix Usage

I tried this product a LONG time ago (when I first joined BHSGO). My hair didn't seem very happy with it. Maybe I didn't use it the right way.

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I think once a week is enough too! Please don't overdo it. You don't want your hair to become brittle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely want to avoid overdoing it with the Keraphix. That's why I am checking with other LCHF posters to get their experiences with Keraphix.
smile.gif

I am addicted to this board.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Re: UPDATE: My Keraphix Usage

Ultrasheen: Your shedding might be seasonal. Also, I've noticed that I have a tendency to shed more when I need a touch up.

You can use Keraphix weekly in order to get your shedding under control, just remember to follow up with a moisturizer. Or you could use an Aphogee treatment pack and save your Keraphix for once a month deep conditioning.

Back