Unprocessed self-relaxing, should I leave it alone?

Polyesterdiva

Hey everyone!

I don't know about anyone else, but times have been rough for me (financially). I normally go to my stylist for my touch ups, but couldn't afford to go this time around and I couldn't take it any longer!

So I dug out my mom's tub for Silk Elements Lye Regular and self relaxed! My hair is now wayyy more manageable and straight, but it's also fairly under-processed (especially in the middle).

Now, I've heard a lot of ladies talking about correcting under-processed hair. But I figure, I probably don't have to worry about that since the next time I go to my stylist, the overlap (there's always a bit) will straighten out the less than smooth parts?

What do you all think?

I would wait as well...you can always flat iron the area that is under processed if you want it to be smooth until your next touchup.

I'm agreeing with everyone else. I've got some major under processed areas but they straighten pretty well with rollersetting, flat ironing, etc.

Hey everyone!

I don't know about anyone else, but times have been rough for me (financially). I normally go to my stylist for my touch ups, but couldn't afford to go this time around and I couldn't take it any longer!

So I dug out my mom's tub for Silk Elements Lye Regular and self relaxed! My hair is now wayyy more manageable and straight, but it's also fairly under-processed (especially in the middle).

Now, I've heard a lot of ladies talking about correcting under-processed hair. But I figure, I probably don't have to worry about that since the next time I go to my stylist, the overlap (there's always a bit) will straighten out the less than smooth parts?

What do you all think?

As long as it's not breaking because of the two textures, I'd leave it for next time.

How many correctors do you all think is okay...:perplexed:ohwell:. I got my first relaxer at the end of May ORS no lye. Didn't like it because it wasn't strong enough and my hair wasn't as straight as I wanted. Retouched root to tip with Silk Elements Shea Butter Mild Lye in mid August. Love the way my hair feels but I want bone straight. So what you think...is it okay for me to do a corrector bone straight with SE mild lye. :rolleyes: My next retouch isn't until 1/1/10. I'm planning to start fresh and relax only four times a yr.

Hey everyone!

What do you all think?

Agree! :yep:

I would wait as well...you can always flat iron the area that is under processed if you want it to be smooth until your next touchup.

That's my strategy! :up: We are all so darn hair savvy! :D

Back