Undiscovered Staples...

nymane

Hey ladies...have you found staples in each category/step of your hair care regimen? If not, are you still searching or settling for what you have? I've tried many products over the past 5months and I really just want to find staples so I can stop being a pj...but I hate settling when I think there might be something better :detective:

I have many other products that I have collected over my 5 month search, but I only have about 2 in each category that I've fell in love with.

My Staples

Shampoos
ORS Creamy Aloe (gentle Clarifying/Chelating)
Breakthru (moisturizing)

Conditioners
AO HSR (moisturizing)
Aphogee 2 step (hardcore protein)
Light/Mild protein staple (undiscovered staple..maybe ORS PAK but i don't want to settle yet)

Leave ins/Moisturizers
HE LTR (moisturizer on dry hair)
Silken Child (leave in on wet hair)

Serums/Oils
Smooth n Shine Silk n Sleek (wet or dry hair)
Oil staple (undiscovered but I really like Africa's Best Herbal Oil so I might settle with that one)
Keracare Oil Sheen

Miscellaneous
Pibbs

I'm always searching but I don't buy anything until I run out of a product. I can't wait until I have some real staples.

I am stil searching. I have no staples for shampoo yet. Alter ego garlic and ORS replenishing pak are definately staples but still searching for some others. Leave in: Lacio Lacio and elucence but still want to try Rusk Sensories Smoother. For Moisturizers I don't have anything yet.

I still need a staple dc, leave-in, and moisturizer. My problem is that I don't buy new products until I finish another.

Current DC: Lustrasilk Shea Butter.....it's okay but not great. NTM was okay but not great
Current Leave-In: HE None of your Frizzness.....I like this better than LTR but it's not great
Moisturizer: Elasta QP Mango Butter.....great for 11 months of new growth but terrible on relaxed ends.

I'm still searching but I have a few:

Moisturizers: Elasta QP mango butter
Silken child

Leave-in: Cantu leave in

Conditioners: All 3 of Shescentit conditioner rinses

Oil: Vatika frosting (I use others, but I'll always repurchase the
frosting)

I'm very satisfied with the above so, atleast I'm not searching for those categories anymore. I'll be so glad when all the categories are taken care of. :ohwell:

My Staples

Shampoos
Aphogee for Damaged Hair
Joico K-Pak

Conditioners
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol
Roux Porosity Control
HE LTR Conditioner
Joico K-Pak
Aphogee 2-min reconstructor

Leave ins/Moisturizers
HE LTR Leave in
Aphogee Green Tea Restructurizer

Serums/Oils
Chi Silk Infusion
EVOO

Misc.
Pure Aloe Vera Gel

I still need a staple dc, leave-in, and moisturizer. My problem is that I don't buy new products until I finish another.

Current DC: Lustrasilk Shea Butter.....it's okay but not great. NTM was okay but not great
Current Leave-In: HE None of your Frizzness.....I like this better than LTR but it's not great
Moisturizer: Elasta QP Mango Butter.....great for 11 months of new growth but terrible on relaxed ends.

I'm always searching but I don't buy anything until I run out of a product. I can't wait until I have some real staples.

I wish I had that problem so I could save some money :yep:

I'm still searching but I have a few:

Moisturizers: Elasta QP mango butter
Silken child

Leave-in: Cantu leave in

Conditioners: All 3 of Shescentit conditioner rinses

Oil: Vatika frosting (I use others, but I'll always repurchase the
frosting)

I'm very satisfied with the above so, atleast I'm not searching for those categories anymore. I'll be so glad when all the categories are taken care of. :ohwell:

Yeah that's how I feel...my goal is to find staples in each category, but at the same time, I'm really happy that I've found some staples. At one point, I didn't think I would find anything that my hair absolutely loved...but now i have hope :up:

Shampoo--No staple here. Whatever my hairdresser uses when I go once/week. However, I am a relaxed DAILY CONDITION WASHER so my staples are:

Wella Kolestral--it is cheap, works like a charm. I use it every single day. If they stop making it, I will die. It has made my hair very strong and manageable.

Rusk Deep Shine Sea Kelp Conditioner. This is my daily leave in. Love it, love it, love it. Makes my hair easy to comb and pull back in my protective style bun with scrunchie every single day. I've been able to maintain growth with this style.

Alberto V05--Use this to seal the end of my ponytail that I wrap around my scrunchie to make my bun everyday and it protects and moisturizes my ends. This is the best thing ever. It's not too greasy, but it is extremely moisturizing and I love it.

Besides the Rusk conditioner, these are all products that my mother used to use on my hair when I was a kid and I had nice well conditioned hair. Go figure.

Whey Protein powder--used everyday for protein shakes. Helped grow the hair in my nape. I had a hole in the back of my head for years. I started using this everyday, and it was a freaking miracle. No more hole in the back of my head. It took about six months, maybe less. But I think this is what did the trick for me. along with the finding this regimen of condition washing and protective styling that I follow everyday consistently. I was so worried about protein on my hair, but I wasn't getting enough protein in my diet. I increased the protein a little, and the hair in my nape is back, and my hair is a lot stronger.

I found a regimen that works for me and I've been consistent with it.

Whey Protein powder--used everyday for protein shakes. Helped grow the hair in my nape. I had a hole in the back of my head for years. I started using this everyday, and it was a freaking miracle. No more hole in the back of my head. It took about six months, maybe less. But I think this is what did the trick for me. along with the finding this regimen of condition washing and protective styling that I follow everyday consistently. I was so worried about protein on my hair, but I wasn't getting enough protein in my diet. I increased the protein a little, and the hair in my nape is back, and my hair is a lot stronger.

I found a regimen that works for me and I've been consistent with it.

I have nape issues too, hmmm maybe I'll give this a try...thanks

KISS

Shampoo- ORS Aloe Shampoo

Conditioner - Herbal Essense Totally Twisted

Deep Conditioner - Nacidit Olive Conditioner

Moisturizer - Shea Butter

Sealant - Jamican Black Castor Oil

Oh I'm not saying I don't have more products. But these are what I know work for my hair! (PJ)

Still looking, but I'm getting better at not trying something and calling it a success or a failure after 2 uses. :lol:

Shampoo: Still looking

Conditioner: Kenra MC. I use Aubrey conditioners when I DC before shampooing; I haven't noticed much difference between their conditioners for dry hair.

Regular Conditioner: Still looking. TreSemme Moisture Rich was good but became less effective over time.

Moisturizer: Rosewater is good, but still looking for something creamy.

Oil: Almond oil

Styling/detangling aid: shea butter

i have all of my staples

shampoo:
carols daughte tui shampoo
chagrin valley or kbb shampoo bar

co wash conditioners:
suave tropical coconut
HE HH
AO HSR and GPB
giovanni deeper moisture

deep conditioners:
kbb deep conditioner
oyin honey hemp
coconut milk mix

leave in sprays:
oyin juices
ojon revitalizing mist

cream leave ins:
kbb hair milk
cantu shea butter
curls milkshake

moisturizers:
curls whipped cream
oyin whipped pudding
kbb hair cream
qhemet biologics heavy cream

oils:
carols daughter hair elixer
coconut oil
cocasta oil

gels:
hairveda whipped gelly

butters:
kbb hair butter
jane carter nourish and shine

of course i use other products but these are the things that i plan on never giving up.

Now that I have found Bentonite Clay and Henna I have all of my staples!!!

Cleanse:

WEN Lavender Moisturizing- Cleanser
Bentonite Clay- Clarifier

Conditioner:

Jessicurl Weekly Moisturizing Treatment
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose

Reconstructors:

Nexxus Emergencee

Leave-ins:

CHI Silk Infusion
Joyce Williams House Call

Daily moisturizers and oils:

Jane Carter Nourish and Shine
Ojon Revitalizing Mist
Castor oil

Extras:

Karishma Henna 2

I am very happy to have finally found my staples (only missing a leave-in conditioner);

Shampoo
GodHead Max Moisture & Gro Shampoo
Possible staple bought but haven’t tried Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo (clarifying shampoo)

Conditioners
AO HSR (for moisturizing deep conditioning)
Light/Mild protein; Joico K-pak Liquid Reconstructor

Leave ins/Moisturizers
Qhemet Biologics’s Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm
Qhemet Biologics’s Burdock Root Butter Cream
I’m awaiting my order of Oyin Honey-Hemp Conditioner which I hope will make a good leave-in conditioner.

Serums/Oils
Philip B Rejuvenating oil
Oil staple’s; Jojoba, coconut and black Jamaican castor oil.

Miscellaneous
Hair steaming

Last edited:
i have only found 3 staples. =[ boo for me.

staple SHAMPOO: silk elements luxury moisturizing shampoo
staple PROTEIN TREATMENT: aphogee 2 step (protein)
DEEP CONDITIONER: undiscovered (for both protein and moisture)
staple DETANGLERS: v05 moisture milks or any other cheapie like Suave
HEAT PROTECTANT: undiscovered
DAILY MOISTURIZER: silken child silk moisturizing creme (on the fence)

Last edited:
YUP.

CO wash: moist condition pro. Ill never use anything else
Deep conditioner: KBB deep conditioner or LLHM
Pre poo: sitrinillah
stylers : ecostyler gel, almond glaze

my moisturizers are subject to change at any time

STAPLES: APHOGEE keratin 2 min reconstructor, NTM silk leave-in

Upcoming staples: lacio lacio & sabino moisture block

new staple for co-washing...Suave Naturals Conditioners :lick:

I still want a thicker staple moisturizer for when I stretch my relaxers, but for now HE LTR leave in is still getting the done!

i would looove to find some staples

I dont use shampoo but i'd like to try anita grant's shamoo bars as well as using bentonite clay

co-wash conditioners: hehh, pantene ice shine

Leave in: needed i want to try aussie moist smooth down milk

heat protectant&serum: needed

deep con:needed but tresemme salon silk with honey and evoo is working wonders

oils: castor all the way!

Shampoo
ORS Creamy Aloe (gentle Clarifying/Chelating)
Naked Naturals Citrus & Keratin love it, discovered it when i was using BKT

Conditioner
Miss Key 10 n 1
Silicon Mix
Luster Silk shea butter cholesterol
Joico Silk Result - LOVE IT

Protien
Joico k-PAk - love it
Aphogee 2 step

Leave in
Aphogee green tea keratin
Lacio Lacio for roller sets
Cantu Shea butter leave in, mixed w/ oils and raw african shea butter
i think Im going back to NTM silk leave in for my buns.

Moisturizer
KO's Shea butter detangling lotion
vegtable glycerin, rose water, coconut oil mix

Serums
Moroccan Oil - got a sample, not I cant get enough of the stuff, w/ all the cones in it I dont count it as an oil

oils
vatika
EVCO
EVOO
Castor
Avocado

Styling
Elasta QP Glaze
Aloe vera gel

Isabella09

Shampoo

Have you seen growth from this shampoo and is it extremely moisturizing?

I think I've found all of my staples. I'm currently reviewing more products so I'll get back to you on that...LOL

Shampoos - Rite Aid's T Gel formula & PM Tea Tree lavender

Moisturizing Conditioner - PM Supercharged

Protein Conditioner - PM Superstrong

Leave in - PM The Conditioner

Pomade - PM Tea Tree Pomade

Serum - PM gloss drops

Oils- coconut, jojoba, olive

Isabella09

Shampoo

Have you seen growth from this shampoo and is it extremely moisturizing?

Hi betteron2day, It’s extremely moisturizing, I love how my hair feel's whilst using it; hydrated, moisturized and soft -i couldn't imagine using any other shampoo- (it also has ACV inside). In terms of growth, honestly I’m not really sure because I’m using Viviscal, Phytophanere and now OCT but I guess I would say no purely on the basis that when I was solely using the GodHead Max Moisture & Gro Shampoo- I’ve being using it for a couple of years now – I didn’t notice anything other than normal grow.
Hope this helps :)

Back