UNDERPROCESSED OR REVERTED?

lvmyhur

Ladies....Please help! I don't know what happened. I recently took out my human hair braids after about 2 1/2 months. I waited a week and went to my stylist for a retouch. I had quite a bit of new growth. After my retouch, I waited a week then I washed my hair and conditioned with nexxus emergencee. After rinsing my hair and adding a moisturizing conditioner, I noticed my hair was still wavy in the crown area and on the sides. I don't know if it was underprocessed or if maybe the emergencee made it revert!!! what do you think?

1 week was probably to soon to use something as strong as Emergencee(my stylist says wait at least 2 weeks for strong protein treatments) & yes it is possible for the hair to revert after it's been chemically straightened--especially with a lye relaxer.

I used to unknowingly revert my hair a few days after re touches by using certain protiein/reconstructors with Keratin protein. Then I put 2 and 2 together and asked my stylist about it. She confirmed that I was correct.

[ QUOTE ]
alliyah4eva203 said:
it is probaly underprocessed because it is impossible for your hair to revert after it has been chemicly straigtened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dito! I think your hair is under processed as well

It is IMPOSSIBLE for hair to revert after the bonds have been broken. When you under process your hair SOME but not ALL of the bonds have been broken (broken bonds give you the straight look). Because of this people begin to think that there hair has reverted, when infact the straightening process was not completed.

Ask you stylist what is best thing to do now, seeing she put the relaxer in and knows for how long she left it on.

we've had this discussion before about reverting and such(and boy, was it heated). can someone please find that thread and bump it (allandra mabye?)
smile.gif

Anky, I can't find the thread
frown.gif

But anyway, I realize that some ladies haven't been on the board long enough to learn all of the great topics that have been discussed here. I speak from personal experience, a background in chemistry, reading, and a discussion about this with my stylist so trust me--relaxed hair CAN and WILL revert under certain circumstances. Like I say above, my experience with this is with Lye relaxers only which do not "lock" the new curl pattern into place as no-lyes do. (reference: Shamboosie)

If anyone finds this hard to believe, I challenge you to get a lye relaxer--check that it's pretty straight when you leave the salon, then use a protein conditioner that contains keratin or animal protein within one week of the relaxer. Then, we'll talk!

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Anky, I can't find the thread
frown.gif

But anyway, I realize that some ladies haven't been on the board long enough to learn all of the great topics that have been discussed here. I speak from personal experience, a background in chemistry, reading, and a discussion about this with my stylist so trust me--relaxed hair CAN and WILL revert under certain circumstances. Like I say above, my experience with this is with Lye relaxers only which do not "lock" the new curl pattern into place as no-lyes do. (reference: Shamboosie)

If anyone finds this hard to believe, I challenge you to get a lye relaxer--check that it's pretty straight when you leave the salon, then use a protein conditioner that contains keratin or animal protein within one week of the relaxer. Then, we'll talk!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sooo thankful for that tidbit Supergirl. Trust me, I will not take the chance of using these proteins after a relaxer
nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
we've had this discussion before about reverting and such(and boy, was it heated). can someone please find that thread and bump it (allandra mabye?)
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I just bumped it. Here it is as well: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Women&Number=191883&Forum=f2&Words=%2Brevert&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=191611&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=79&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post191883

Thanks Allandra for finding that
up.gif

Oh and FYI--I just had a relaxer a week ago and have shampooed and conditioned twice with non-keratin conditioners & have not had any reversion like I used to when I used keratin conditioners too soon.

Thanks for the info ladies! I have certainly learned a valuable lesson. I guess I will have to wait another six to eight weeks to get this mess corrected!!

Back