Underprocessed dry nest of yuk!

Miel

Help!

I was transitioning but could not get past the week 14 hump and decided to perm again. I took out my twist and let my hair rest a couple of days and lost my mind and scratched my scalp but I proceeded to put the perm in anyway! It was only in for a hot minute when I had to rinse because it was burning so bad. Now I'm stuck with severely underprocessed mess. It's not breaking or coming out but it is soooooooooo dry and funky coily for at least an inch off of the scalp. I'm currently wearing full wigs and I've been moisterizing it with Motions' leave in and applying BT. I've tried co-washing it but nothing helps. Anybody?

Hi there, I'll be glad to offer a little help, but not everything works for everyone. Basically it sounds like you accidentally texlaxed your new growth. I do that on purpose a couple times a year, because I LIKE to have my hair "underprocessed". It gives thickness and strength but also allows me to easily straighten my hair.

I would suggest that you wait a few weeks and do a corrective if you were hoping for straighter results. In the meantime, moisturize and deep condition your hair with a moisturizing conditioner. You sound as if you get great new growth. If you want steps to help straighten it out please PM me.

Hugs, because I know what it's like when our hair suprises us. :nono:
Also, let's try to figure out why it was burning so badly in the first place. Did you scratch? Did you base your scalp properly? What happened to cause the burning?

have you tried something like the scarf method? where you moisturize your wet hair and then tie it down with a silk scarf and add rollers to the end? whenever I've done that, my NG is very moisturized and straight...

Thanks for the responses ladies.

Yeah, I scratched, not all over but in a couple of spots and that's where the burning was.

I'm ok with the texture, I'm wearing wigs right now anyway, but it's the overly dry condition that I can't manage to deal with. It's dry from root to tip. I've always had dry hair but now it seems even worst. It's even crunchy :-(

Miel....I don't know what to tell ya. :perplexed

This me right here.......http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=153773&page=3

Aww girl! We were twins this weekend! I had some kind of stomach flu and had fever the whole weekend!

I don't think my twist made my hair this condition. I usually do well with braids and such. IDK, I think i'm going to cornrow and where wigs for a couple of weeks and drench it with moisture. Then I'll take the advice of an earlier poster and do a corrective. After that I think I may start over with a fresh bob cut too.

Aww girl! We were twins this weekend! I had some kind of stomach flu and had fever the whole weekend!

I don't think my twist made my hair this condition. I usually do well with braids and such. IDK, I think i'm going to cornrow and where wigs for a couple of weeks and drench it with moisture. Then I'll take the advice of an earlier poster and do a corrective. After that I think I may start over with a fresh bob cut too.

I've always wanted to wear a wig. I guess this would be a great oppurtunity to go buy one. About how much do they cost?

I've always wanted to wear a wig. I guess this would be a great oppurtunity to go buy one. About how much do they cost?

That really depends. You can get some cute ones from local BSS starting about about $35. The quality is ok but they will mat really quickly if you don't take proper care of them. I call these the disposable ones because you can use them a little while and then toss them without feeling too guilty because you didn't spend much anyway.

Then there are the middle range ones that are from $85 to about $150. These will be good to you as long as you are good to them.

Then the higher range of $150 up. These are of higher quality, nicer cut and most are human hair.

Try using porosity control and deep condition with something moisturizing. Underprocessed hair needs moisture and the porosity control will help smooth down your cuticle which will help with managability.

Try using porosity control and deep condition with something moisturizing. Underprocessed hair needs moisture and the porosity control will help smooth down your cuticle which will help with managability.

Thanks!

Do you have any specific product recommendations?

When you wear your wigs are you covering your hair with something? Wigs and ponytails have been know to dry the hair out as well

Thanks!

Do you have any specific product recommendations?

I have been grossly underprocessed twice this year so I understand. What helped me was pre pooing with alma oil, using porosity control (you can find this in sallys, just ask for porosity control conditioner and they will show you where it is) Its in a liquid form so I pour a little on and work it through, let it sit for a 2-3 minutes, rinse and follow with a moisturizing conditoner. I like silk elements cholesterol, pantene breakage defense mask and aubrey organics honeysuckle and rose and white camellia conditioner.

Back