Two years progress! (pics inside.....)

JustKiya

So, it's been two years since I 'officially' decided to try and start growing my hair. I had just double processed my hair - bleached, then dyed, - after taking my 5 year old dreadlocs out.

2447664532_7895027590_o.jpg
2446840653_e8bbc0110b_o.jpg

I'm happy with my progress thus far. My hair is three, maybe four times thicker than it was two years ago, and MUCH stronger and healthier. I had to cut off all of the colored hair gradually - that's why I always say that I started from 'bald' in May 06, because none of the hair I had then count in the hair I have now. :lol:

Overall, I know SO much more about my hair than I did then - it's funny, because I'm wearing the same style, but my REASONS for the style have done a total 180.

I'm really eagerly looking forward to what the next two years will bring - I'm hoping for APL twists, by then. ;)

Your hair looks really good! It definitely got much thicker and you gained some length too. Keep at it, you're making good progress! :yep:

So, it's been two years since I 'officially' decided to try and start growing my hair. I had just double processed my hair - bleached, then dyed, - after taking my 5 year old dreadlocs out.

2447664532_7895027590_o.jpg
2446840653_e8bbc0110b_o.jpg

I'm happy with my progress thus far. My hair is three, maybe four times thicker than it was two years ago, and MUCH stronger and healthier. I had to cut off all of the colored hair gradually - that's why I always say that I started from 'bald' in May 06, because none of the hair I had then count in the hair I have now. :lol:

Overall, I know SO much more about my hair than I did then - it's funny, because I'm wearing the same style, but my REASONS for the style have done a total 180.

I'm really eagerly looking forward to what the next two years will bring - I'm hoping for APL twists, by then. ;)

Congrats JustKiya!

:grin: Isn't it great when it finally CLICKS and you know that long and healthy hair is in your reach!

Best wishes, CurliD

Your hair looks so much healthier and thicker--I know you must feel wonderful. Looking forward to your future updates.

Definitely huge progress - so much so i went to your fotki and got my fee-fees hurt :lachen:

Fantastic job you've done justkiya!!

Wonderful progress, it is a lot thicker and considering the fact that you cut all of that previously colored hair off, you gained a lot of length as well. :)
~*Janelle~*

Definitely huge progress - so much so i went to your fotki and got my fee-fees hurt :lachen:

Fantastic job you've done justkiya!!

:blush: Sorry Sis!!! I can't access fotki from work right all the time, and lord knows I can't maintain multiple locations.... :lol:

Back