Two HUGE Problems

LawyerBarbie07

Hi All! I haven't been here for decades(ok maybe a month or two) but my hair has been the best ever using the tips I've learned here. I have two HUGE problems however (ok huge to me)....

1) When I flat iron the back of my hair, I'd say from the nape until about halfway up, the hair there tangles/curls/looks frazzled/raggedy, as if I'm burning it and all of it doesn't get straight...no matter if I use the lowest setting or the highest. It doesn't do that on the rest of my head...just the back half. I'm really confused as to what could be causing it...do you ladies have any ideas?

2) I have a "halo" of broken hair around my head. I'm full BSL at this point, but all the way around my head (like a halo) is broken off. Its probably from my scarf, but I have no idea how to fix it. I cant stop wearing a scarf but I dont know how to stop it. :wallbash:

Thanks in advance for your help guys!!

It sounds like you may heat damage on that portion. I know you alternate low and high heat, but do you think it was scorched at one time?

How about trying a satin bonnet?your scarf may be too tight.How are you wearing your hair daily?Sometimes even protective styles can do more harm than good if you are pulling your hair back too tight.

bumping for more responses:drunk:

EEEkkk! I hadn't thought of past heat damage :( I sure hope not, I only flat iron once every 7-8 weeks with relaxers. Then I wear a sew in for 4 weeks and my hair up for 3.

I just started using a Sedu, but maybe its the random crappy gold n' hot flat irons that I was using that messed me up?

Satin Bonnets are my friend! I've just started using them but my hair doesn't stay wrapped with just a bonnet on.

Thank you ladies so much for the help so far! Keep it coming :)

My first thought was what Bre~Bre stated. Your hair could be a different texture or grade in that area. I know my nape is different and I must treat it differently (I'm relaxing it 1 x each year, for example).

I agree also with ElleDoll about wearing a silk or satin bonnet since you're getting a halo effect. You can find silk bonnets for long hair at www.tenderheaded.com

Back