Twistouts/Braidouts dry your hair or ends?

yodie

Has this happened to anyone?

My hair has been noticeably dry since my last relaxer. Since then, I've only been wearing twist outs. I neglected my cw's and didn't put anything on my ends for awhile. I'm back on it, but I'm still curious if this particular style will dry my ends.

Can't afford to lose progress. I'm noticing that my hair is shedding much more. Today I even tried to flat iron it, but got discouraged because it had tangles and just seemed too dry.

Did a 911 protein treatment last week. I'm usually a Nexxus Emergencee girl. Feel like I should use Nexxus right away, but with my hair being so dry... Maybe I have too much protein going on and not enuf moisture.

Suggestions please.........

When I do those styles the same thing happens to me, thats why I dont wear them much anymore.:ohwell:

Thanks Shunta. I've been wearing my hair like this for the past 2.5 months. Guess its time to go back to wet sets.

I thought I had done something terrible to my hair. Guess I did.

Off to Sally's to find some mesh rollers.

I have been wearing braidouts for the majority of the last two months. Braidouts and roller sets seem to help keep my hair the most moisturized. I use avocado butter too, I think that helps alot. What products are you using? Are you using a leave in?

I have been wearing braidouts for the majority of the last two months. Braidouts and roller sets seem to help keep my hair the most moisturized. I use avocado butter too, I think that helps alot. What products are you using? Are you using a leave in?

I use a leave in (kerasilk) and seal with oil when I wash.

I didn't put anything on my ends in the beginning of my bantu knot/ twistout journey.

Lately, I used Profective (yellow kind), ORS olive oil on my hair just before I bantu at night.

Tried mango butter once. Seemed too heavy.

that's an idea. do u think a twist out on dry hair will cause less dryness?

I think so. The few times that I did it after that my hair was dry and it turned out much better. It didnt last as long as a wet twistout of course but I was ok with it. Ill bet if you do yours on dry hair it will turn out better as far the dryness.:yep:

I think so. The few times that I did it after that my hair was dry and it turned out much better. It didnt last as long as a wet twistout of course but I was ok with it. Ill bet if you do yours on dry hair it will turn out better as far the dryness.:yep:

guess i'll have to try it. think u can get the same healthy hair effect by sitting under the dryer to dry your twist out? is this as healthy?

a twist out can be achieved on dry hair by putting some type of moist product on the hair, such as mango butter or somehing else, before twisting the hair.

Lately I've been wearing braidouts alot and I've been sealing my ends with a little olive oil and touching them up with mango butter. This has been working ok but I do notice a bit of dryness near the end of the day. I just ordered the End All Balm from Hair2Heaven. I'm gonna try it with my braidout tonight. Hope it helps keep my ends more moisturized. A lot of ladies here rave about it so the PJ in me kicked in and here it sits.

Back