TWA is not growing..pics

Re: TWA is not growing..

I think it's just very hard to see length with super curly hair. You probably would see the difference more if you straightened your hair...I am not advising that you straighten...just trying to explain why it's hard to tell. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Do you have pictures from before now? It could be growing but because you're expecting to see a difference, you're missing it. Also the fact that it's curly would disguise growth. I'd stretch a section and measure from base to end, write that down. Then another and do the same. Then I'd forget about "growth" and busy myself trying to get it to its optimum health. Keep busy learning all you can. A few months later take measurements at the same areas and you just might be pleasantly surprised.

How do you wear your hair? Sometimes wearing it in styles that require minimum manipulation, like cornrows can help you get that surprise sooner. Coz you forget how long it was/is...and since you're not combing it, it's not breaking even a bit...so you retain those few millimeters you might be losing with combing, etc. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you trim? Maybe you trim more than you need to.

[/ QUOTE ]I trim once every two months but i only take off 1/4 inch. I see grey hair comming in all the time and I re dye my hair once a month , so i know there is growth but it just is'nt showing.

I thought my hair hadn't grown one bit until I used a warm blowdryer to stretch the length it was a very big surprise.

Your hair looks healthy and shiny - and I think you are well out of the TWA range- my hair looks your length with shrinkage if I don't do anything to stretch it and I've got 3 years worth of growth. Compared to your fotki album your hair definitely looks like its grown its just harder to see progress with the curls.

Looks like it is growing to me. Maybe you should stop focusing on grow so much. I know when I did this over the summer my hair grew like crazy and I didn't use any aids.

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like it is growing to me. Maybe you should stop focusing on grow so much. I know when I did this over the summer my hair grew like crazy and I didn't use any aids.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA...it seems like my hair is never growing either. But I know it is.

Yeah, have you actually stretched out your hair and measured it? It would be hard for you to tell by just looking at your hair whether it's grown or not.

hey, it looks like its growing to me....i can usually only tell mine is growing when im in the shower when its soaking wet....but yeah, when you focus on growth, it seems as though it never grows...

@ Dee your hair is growing. (BTW very beautiful curls).

I am a victim of shrinkage too but if you measured your hair against a ruler,(stretched) you will see your real length.

Back