Trying not to relax yet

dicapr

I have been stretching my relaxers since discovering LHCF. I have noticed a pattern of love/hate with my new growth. Around week 6 I want a relaxer so badly I can't stand it. I have two very distinct textures in my hair and it is very obvious to me at this point. The front of my hair is super curly, literally curling at the root. When I try to lay my hair down I have little ridges in the front, no matter what I do. The back looks like a fuzzy mess because the new growth there is 4b, but it is fine. Around week 7-9 my curls in the front are long enough to lay it small waves and the back looks kinky strait and I can deal. I'm at week five and I have alot of new growth. I need some encouragement. In two more weeks I won't even care about the new growth. By the way, anyone have any ideas about laying down the front of my hair in that in between stage. I ususlly relax between week 10-12.

I feel you on the different textures. I usually put some moisturizer and oil mixture on my hair then tie it with a scarf. When I remove the scarf later, the hair lays down nicely.

Back