Transitioning with a Keratin Treatment

kaytorry

Hello Everyone,

Today I'm exactly one week post relaxer. The stylist that did my hair recommended that I consider doing a Global Keratin Juvexin treatment, instead of getting a relaxer. Since I was not 100 % percent sure if the treatment would give me the results I want, I declined and told her I would have to think about it. I consider myself to be texlaxed, since I usually wash and go, and I am a 3c with the help of a relaxer. I have done a bit of research, and I am now considering it now that spring/summer is approaching. I am know pondering transitioning with a Keratin treatment. Has anyone used a Keratin treatment in place of a relaxer? or used a keratin treatment to assist in transitioning? And if not, What are your thoughts on this topic?

Hey there...
I am exactly 25 months 5 days post texlax.. I was texlaxed before I started to transition with the keratin treatment. I am not sure what my hair type is... but it is finer/wavier and I have been using BKT's to transition. I really really like the Juvexin.. besides the high price.. I think the result is better than a relaxer because your hair still has body and movement.. and of course the shine is outrageous... My transition has been a breeze.. I'm comfortably MBL (straightened for the first time yesterday) .. and I have about 4-5" of texlaxed hair left.. now just a bit of a caveat.. the keratin will make your previously chemically treated hair bone straight... texlaxed or relaxed... but if that doesn't bother you... IMO it is a good transitioning mechanism. Now obviously this is not everybody's opinion.. some people can't take the fumes, or says it causes their hair to break, or disintegrate :look:.. and I haven't experienced that in the almost 2 years I've been using it. So your mileage may vary.

Hopefully some others that have used BKT to transition will come and sound off on their experiences... good luck.

**** BEEDUM-BUMP-BUMP *****

:bump:

Great info. Thanks very much for sharing. Bumping for more responses from others who have transitioned with the BKT. Or perhaps a reference link if there is info about it that I am just having a hard time finding.

Hello Everyone,

Today I'm exactly one week post relaxer. The stylist that did my hair recommended that I consider doing a Global Keratin Juvexin treatment, instead of getting a relaxer. Since I was not 100 % percent sure if the treatment would give me the results I want, I declined and told her I would have to think about it. I consider myself to be texlaxed, since I usually wash and go, and I am a 3c with the help of a relaxer. I have done a bit of research, and I am now considering it now that spring/summer is approaching. I am know pondering transitioning with a Keratin treatment. Has anyone used a Keratin treatment in place of a relaxer? or used a keratin treatment to assist in transitioning? And if not, What are your thoughts on this topic?

I am a 3c and I transitioned with keratin treatments. I got my first treatment in April 2009. My last relaxer was in June 2009. After about 14 trims/cuts my hair is completely natural an Bkt'd. I LOVE it. :yep:

Do you all, who use bkt to transition, let one application wear off then reapply it or do you just keep bkting back to back?

I have a question about the type of BKT that you all think works best. I bought the non-fermaldehyde version (Organix) from Walgreens. The Juvexin bkt treatment mentioned sells on Amazon for 250. A salon here applies it for abt the same price. I am trying to decide...which is a better option? BTW, I am relaxed completely (just retouched at 12 weeks two days ago).

Back