Transitioning Ladies...Questions!

htown2DAboot

So I found out today that my stylist is back in action! (She's awesome, and this makes me very happy) She's modifying what her doctor told her to do..(she hurt her back a few months before I met her). I'm going to get a wash and set tomorrow after work...Should I pre-poo tonight? Keeping in mind that I still have to work all day tomorrow (so whatever I do, I need it to be pretty quick and not overnight stuff)...What kind of pre-poo treatment should I do? I'm a month into transitioning, and I can feel my new growth already....AND...I'm making a trip to the health food store tonight...I want coconut oil...any suggestions on what kind I should get? Any suggestions on any thing hair related I should pick up while I'm there? I'm such a newbie when it comes to this kinda stuff! Could some one older in the transitioning game adopt me? LOL

I bought coconut oil for the first time today! I bought the Vitamin Shoppe brand. Whatever brand you get, make sure it's unrefined extra virgin coconut oil.

I think you can pre poo with an oil or conditioner tonight. As long as your pre poo isn't protein - that could make your hair break or feel hard if you leave it on for a long time. But if you want to pre poo with a moisturizing conditioner or jojoba, avocado, or coconut oil that should be ok. Since you're going to work tomorrow maybe you can just put a light coating on.

If you want to pick up something else hair related at the health food store you can pick up some glycerin or aloe vera if you're looking for a new moisturizer - there's a thread about it here.

Back