Transitioning from texlaxed to relaxed- Is it possible?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I've heard af people transitioning from relaxed to texlaxed, but not a texlaxed to relaxed. Is this possible? If so how should I do it? I've thought about doing this, but I'm trying to keep my hair healthy too. I need tips from the hair experts.:D

I'm not a hair expert, i did this it worked out fine, I wore ptotective styles, for 13 months which included braids and buns. I conditioned regularly and use a light protein treatment every week to keep my hair strong i used Affirm. I moisturised with s-curl and profectiv products mainly and took supplements like msm, silica, EFAs. i did and cut off the texturized hair in December, i had no more patience.

Den, I remember u did this. Did you relax the NG only or did u do your whole head? My ends are going to be trimmed once I do this...um if I do this.:look:

I was wondering if doing a CR would do more harm than good. I am trying to keep my hair free from damage. My hair is doing great and I'm afraid to ruin it.:ohwell: I thought I read it here on the board that someone did this. Time for more reseach.:p

DDtexlaxd said:
Den, I remember u did this. Did you relax the NG only or did u do your whole head? My ends are going to be trimmed once I do this...um if I do this.:look:
i relaxed the newgrowth only, a corrective could do more harm than good. i went from waistlength to shoulderlength over three years, because i had to cut off damage from underprocessing and correctives done by stupid stylists.

I was thinking of doing a CR as well. Originally, I started cutting all the over-processed hair in December of 2005. Now, I'm a few inches away from shoulder length texlaxed hair. However, I've been noticing a lot of shedding with texlaxed. I can't style my hair without using heat. I feel like i have three textures going on right now (11 weeks post relaxer). I would hate to start all over again by cutting. Please help!! :perplexed

mags23 said:
I was thinking of doing a CR as well. Originally, I started cutting all the over-processed hair in December of 2005. Now, I'm a few inches away from shoulder length texlaxed hair. However, I've been noticing a lot of shedding with texlaxed. I can't style my hair without using heat. I feel like i have three textures going on right now (11 weeks post relaxer). I would hate to start all over again by cutting. Please help!! :perplexed
With textlaxed hair, conditioners with lots of slip helps and always detangle in the shower, you have to really take your time.

I did it. I used a different relaxer (ORS no-lye), my textaxled hair was lye. I have ad no problems at all. Textlaxed hair have different hair needs all together you need superior products to help with detangling especially. Giovanni Direct is the best ever!

Lonei, can u share your technique with me? I don't want to ruin my progress.PLEASE?!!!:D I will be touching up w/ ORS this friday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
why cant you just do a corrective?

That's what I was thinking. I've never heard of transitioning from Texlaxed to relaxed. You're going from a little bit relaxed to fully relaxed. The only reason I see the need to transition is if you severely underprocessed the textlaxed hair and want to cut it off.

I did a corrective with my texlaxed hair and got great results. There's no harm in that.

mags23 said:

There are other ways of styling without using heat, like airdrying in a rollerset. I've learned that being texlaxed means learning new ways to achieve the results you want. Make sure you have a good detangling leave-in conditioner also. Lonei's suggestion of Giovanni Direct is a very good one. :yep:

Are you certain that your shedding is due to being texlaxed and not to any other reason, such as needing a protein treatment, more moisture, stretching your relaxer for less time? How long have you been texlaxed?

DDtexlaxd said:
Lonei, can u share your technique with me? I don't want to ruin my progress.PLEASE?!!!:D I will be touching up w/ ORS this friday.

I use the half half method, its in my journal, if you have anymore questions after reading it, PM me.

Back