Transitioning from relaxed to texlaxed-has anybody done this?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I think being relaxed strait is more stress on my hair than I thought. I think being texlaxed is better so I can keep my hair healthy. I'm learning about roller setting and other styling options. I also miss a better defined WNG. I can do one now, but it takes a lot of work.:ohwell: I need advice from anyone who has done this.

I have done it! I recently just completed this transition back in late November. It takes some getting used to, but for the most part, you have to avoid a lot of combing while transitioning. I learned the hard way that this causes a lot of breakage. I've never been into deep conditioning. I just cowash a lot. Right now, I'm starting to just wet my hair every other day once i get close to texlaxing time (at about 7-8 weeks; I relax every 9-12 weeks). And just like natural hair, you have to avoid combing your hair while dry as much as possible. I only wear my hair down and wrap it for the first week of my relaxer. Then its back to protective styling and cute hair accessories. The other ladies will be able to help you out if you like to wear other hair styles. As for me, I'm staying in protective styles 'til BSL!:yep: Hope This Helps!

I am doing it now. Only a salon can get me bone straight. I dont know why but when I relax it always leaves texture in it so I am transitioning to texlax. I love it though. I can tell that when my hair is fully texlax my wash n gos will be the bomb.

I am currently transitioning.:yep: I've got about 2" of relaxed ends to trim off, then I'll be 100% texlaxed. I'm waiting until I'm a few inches past BSL before I do that last trim.

I love my texlaxed hair. It is so much thicker and stronger now. I do my own retouches, every 8 weeks.

I did my first texlax 4 weeks ago and I love it. My fine hair no longer as thin as it used to and I agree that the shake and go will be slammin' when I'm fully texlaxed.

I am currently transitioning.:yep: I've got about 2" of relaxed ends to trim off, then I'll be 100% texlaxed. I'm waiting until I'm a few inches past BSL before I do that last trim.

I love my texlaxed hair. It is so much thicker and stronger now. I do my own retouches, every 8 weeks.

what relaxer do you use?
BTW your hair is gorgeous in that spiral set!!

I did.

I just did a major cut a few weeks ago. I have about 2 inches of straight ends in the front and none in the back :yikes: I transitioned for 1 year......

My hair is much thicker and much stronger. I was hard at times but all worth it......

Now I think I'm transitioning to natural...haven't had a touchup in 6 months!!

I've been doing it all along, although I do not consider it "transitioning". For me, texlaxing is relaxing. I just leave it on for a shorter period of time which I started doing a few years ago by "accident". My hair is thicker, healthier and stronger with more body.

i went from relaxers( about 2-3 a year...mines always last long plus i dont like bone straight hair) to using Just For Me's Texture Softner which is working great for me!!!

I'm currently transitioning from bone-straight to texlaxed (25% straight). I've been transitioning since March 07 and have about 2 inches of bone straight ends left. I've been slowly dusting the bone-straight ends off once every few months.

what is texlaxed

Texlaxing is simply relaxing for a shorter period of time so that your hair is not as straight as fully relaxed. For me, I cut the processing time in half in order to get my desired "straightness" and retain some of my natural texture. As a result, my hair is thicker and stronger.

Do you reapply lye over no lye? :ohwell: So confused.

No, I've never used a "no-lye" relaxer. I retouch only the new growth with Revlon Realistic Regular Lye. Now that I'm texlaxing, I cut the suggested timing in half instead of using the full processing time as I did when I relaxed my hair straight.
icon7.gif

Back