Transition....how do you measure new growth?

kiara8255

I'm transitioning to natural hair and am new to this board. I know this may sound very crazy but I'm not sure how to measure my new growth. Should I twist a small section of hair and gently pull then measure from the scalp to the end of my new growth or is there another way this should be done? I really have no clue and want to keep a more accurate track of my growth. Please help! :confused:

I'm forever playing in my newgrowth. So basically I just slide my fingers along a few strands from the root until I feel the demarcation line. You can pull your hair taught (sp?) then put a ruler against your scalp to measure.

caligirl said:
I'm forever playing in my newgrowth. So basically I just slide my fingers along a few strands from the root until I feel the demarcation line. You can pull your hair taught (sp?) then put a ruler against your scalp to measure.
that was my method during the transition days short rulers like a 6in sewing gauge are the easiest to manuver because it has a slide that you can use to move up and down and that way you dont have to worry about your finger keeping the spot on the ruler

Back