TRACYYYY - The Color Guru - I need help!!

KinksnCurlz

On a previous board, you posted the 1st quote... my question was the second quote...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If your baser color is balck you'll get more of a "tint" - a halo of color - rather than something you can "see" . You can still see it, but only in sunlight etc. If your hair is dark I primarily recommend enhancing the depth of that black - with Coffee Bean or something like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Guru... I mean daredevil
grin.gif
, I have a question, what exactly will I wind up with if I put coffee bean in my hair? will there be light brown undertones or something to that effect. Which color will show more, the ginger or the coffee bean? Lastly, will they only show in the sunlight or in natural light? Sorry for bombarding you, but I really want to do something different for this summer. Oh yeah, here is my last question
grin.gif
, can I apply the colourshines after I get my hair relaxed or do I have to wait 2 weeks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Hey CH....

Okay - before I answer any of the "what color will it come out" questions I have to know what color your hair is naturally and if you have put any other color in it all all EVER, and if so was it a rinse or a dye or a bleach. Then I need you to remind me what color combination you wanted to use - where did the Ginger come into play? The Coffeebean? DO you have one or the other already or are you thinking of mixing them is what I mean?

You can apply the Sebastian directly after a relaxer. No need to wait. Sorry I missed your questions before...
frown.gif

Okay... here goes
smirk.gif

My hair is naturally black (not jet black but black).
In my teen years I used dark & lovely honey blonde (yuck
mad.gif
, my hair was messed up, dry and horrible)... thank goodness, it's all gone now
grin.gif
- i'm 28.
I've used Feria's Chocolate Cherry at least 5 times in my early 20s - LOVED IT
grin.gif
but you could only see it in the sunlight and it did not look like j.lo's in the commercial.
I also tried (b4 the c.cherry) the feria golden bronze... unfortunately, it didn't take AT ALL
frown.gif
but my hair felt really nice afterwards since I used the conditioner...lol.
In the previous thread, I asked you if the ginger (brownrelaxedhair) would come out on dark hair and you said a "halo" would appear on my head that you would be able to see in the sunlight... you told me to try coffeebean to play up my dark hair... i didn't buy either because I actually wanted something from colourshines to lighten my dark hair or maybe put some "brown" in it.
And coincidentally, when I look at my hair, i have different colors in it... meaning, on the top its black, if u pick up the top pieces you may see a little brownish red, a little brown or something like that... and don't ask... i have NO IDEA how that happened.
wallbash.gif

Well - Sebastian will definitely NOT lighten. At all. In any way. Not to brown. Not to red. Not to a lighter black. It just doesn't have the chemicals necessary to make that happen.

With hair as dark as yours you would only achieve that "halo" or tint effect. You'd need to go darker or use a dye.

P.S. I LOVE that pic of J.Lo in your avatar.....

She looked amazing in that dress. Maybe I can hope for that by July or so...LOL!

Yeah... she's my "body" idol. Everything I do, I do for that body...lol. Thanks for answering my question and I promise this will be the last one (i hope)... Which halo would compliment my hair better? It doesn't necessarily have to b ginger or coffee bean... I am your complexion and am in desperate need of a change.

Also, if I used one of the blonde colors, would that make a difference? And does the clear sebastians just add sheen to your natural color?

The blondes would show up LEAST with dark/almost black hair...

The closest you could get to adding some brown would be to go with a reddish brown.....Mahoghany, Liquid Amber (which can end up looking black so be careful) or even Golden Walnut if you wanted to give that a shot (but it might not show up - too light).

If you were willing to go more red I've got a ton of suggestions....

Cinnamon, Redality, Reddissimo.....There's a HOST.
grin.gif

That's what I love about you Trace, you are always on point!!! Okay... is Cinn, Redality & Reddissimo colourshines? Or a diff brand altogether? I don't want to be red red but give me an idea of what red would look like on me... if you can. Thanks hon.
(you should be charging for all these answers you give...LOL)

Those three I mentioned last are shades in the colorshines line...so they are Sebastian.

Cinnamon is an auburny brownish warm red.

Redality is an orange based true red.

Reddissimo is a voilet based true red.

On pretty dark hair each should give a red based tint with undertones being close to how I described them just now...but these are estimates. If you have a pic of your hair I could tell you more accurately. It'd have to be a well lit pic tho with plenty of light - perferably natural (day) light.

And thanks for the compliments but this is really loads of fun for me! I love color and I love helping people with it. So I get a little benefit too....
grin.gif

GULP GULP GULP....

YOU SURE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG GURL YOUR HAIR IS BANGING....

::Tracy tries to shake off her stunned demeanor and close her mouth:: GIrl your hair is the bomb. Ok I know I'm gushing...but did I tell you your hair is dope?
laugh.gif
Ok....right. Colors.

I say try the Cinnamon. You'll get a nice auburnish tint...with a little brownish feel like you wanted!
smile.gif

OMG girl, your hair is dope. Just Dope!

It would probably look similar to how BRH's did when she got colorshines - with a little more brown to it....

OMG your hair is so dope....!

Ok. Sorry.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

hahahahahahahaha... thanks ladies... Tracey stop it... you got me cracking up and im at work. No wonder people are always asking me if I'm okay. And Cinnamon it is. THANK YOU SO MUCH TRACEY... and in the hair game, you beat me, hands down because your hair is absolutely stunning. If it weren't for you, I never would have found out that Feria finally made the conditioner that comes in the color kit
smile.gif

Okay Caramel your hair is really hot, I opened the link and was like
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
no really, I've never had hair with that kind of fullnes, I'm looking to be adopted by someone with great hair so that I have great hair when I grow up

Okay, now i'm blushing... you guys better stop it before you make me get a relaxer this weekend. My appt. isn't until June 7th... lol.
Edited to read:
My appt. isn't until june 14th...YIKES!

Your hair is great and you should be proud CaramelHonee!
And the Colourshines should make it even better!

Mia

CaramelHonee...........All I can say is Beautiful!!!

Your hair is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, you know that you must share your secret.

TsAngel

CaramelHonee-girl your hair is sooooooo pretty!!!! Don't you ever let me see you talking about cutting layers either
mad.gif
, just let it grow out the way it is!!! Almost makes me want to cut mine! You go girl-and please post a pic if you decide to use the Cinnamon!

Beautiful hair Caramel Honee!!! So nice and full!! I'd love to see a pic of it with the Cinnamon colourshines in it!!
smile.gif

CH, Your hair looks veeeery healthy and full of body, girl! You should put that pic in your avatar! It looks much better than J.Lo's hair.
smile.gif

Awww, when I got on line I never expected this type of response... you guys have got me blushing for real. (Jenjen... I can't get rid of j.lo, she's my body idol...lol).
Here goes (I hope you have a cup of coffee b/c this is going to be LONGGG:
For the past couple of months, I have been taking care of my own hair. Relaxing (Optimum no-lye regular) and wash and sets (no blowdrying). I sometimes (like once every 8 weeks) go to the dominican salon on Burnside & Jerome (that's in the Bronx). The lady that usually does my hair (can't remember her name but she sits in the middle of the salon and she is short, thick & has funny colored hair - like reddish orange) washes, no deep condition - sorry, i didn't really realize the importance of it - regular conditioner, sets and wraps. A couple of times I have let her blow my hair out after the roller set and I walked out of there looking like a dime (and i'm about a 8...lol). For this picture itself, I washed, deep conditioned, rollerset and wrapped all by liddle old self. In the morning, it looked kind of bushy but hey, I had to go to work. When I got home I blew it out with this web page (I bought mine at genovese, but you can also try duane reade, rite aide and drug stores like this. this is excellent, it leaves your hair very soft and silky but NEVER USE IT ON WET HAIR!!!! it is not a blow dryer... and I only use the brush attachment) ... then i wrapped it, took it down about 30 mins later and had baby sis take the flick. Now, about the thickness of my hair that runs in my family so i don't have any hair secret for that. I've been religiously using Pantene (any pantene) and optimu breakthru daily something or another... and other cheapies like suave (anything that smelled good). I must have never spent more than $3.99 on shampoo and/or conditioner. Growing up, I used the aphoghee treatment every 2 weeks but stopped in my late teens. My current regimen consists of the following products (i don't follow it to a T but you'll get the idea)
Monday
Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
Keracare Humecto Deep Conditioner (heating cap for 15 min; no heat 1 hour– depending)
L'oreal Natures Therapy Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment
Aroscio Leave-in
Elasta QP Mango Butter, EVOO (ends)
IC PM Nitetime Spray
Braid-out or bun using Luster’s S-Curl

Wednesday (Conditioner Only Wash)
Suave Coconut Conditioner
Keracare Humecto (heating cap for 15 min; no heat 1 hour– depending)
L’oreal Nature’s Therapy Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment
Elasta QP Mango Butter, EVOO (ends)
IC Nitetime Spray
Braid out or bun using S-Curl

Saturday (morning)
Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo followed by
L’anza Deep Cleansing Shampoo
Keracare Humecto (heat 20 min; no heat 2-3 hours)
L’oreal Nature’s Therapy Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment
Aroscio or Salerm Leave-in
Elasta QP Mango Butter (ends) and EVOO or Keracare Silken Seal
Rollerset, dome dryer (cool setting) for 2½ - 3 hours - sometimes I cheat and use heat for 1.25 hour

*Saturday Morning Protein Treatment (every 4 weeks)
Aubrey Organics GPB followed by Aubrey Organics Island Spice Creme Rinse or Aphoghee Treatment followed by Aphoghee Balancing Conditioner (I have not tried the Aubrey yet... just one treatment using aphoghee)

Twice Daily
Nexxus Vita Tress Biotin Crème

Vitamins
GNC UltraNourishair and GNC Ultra Mega Woman

CH - are u using the Nexxus Vitatress as a moisturizer? Or do u put it on your scalp as the directions suggest (I think)...

Oh - did I say ur hair was dope?
shocked.gif
Yeah - I said that didn't I...
laugh.gif

hahahaha... I use the vitatress biotin for my edges (temples are slightly thinning - i blame babysis, she did my cornrolls too tight last year)

Back