Touching up curls

TrendySocialite

Is there anyway to touch up curls without direct heat? Any tips or shortcuts that you use?

Are hot rollers considered direct heat? LOL

ARR

I use something called "poor man's Caruso's", LOL. I use this method to touch up a rollerset in a pinch without a curling iron, especially in the front, or anywhere that the curls are looking fuzzy and old. :nono:

Anyway, I use regular magnetic rollers (small), lightly spritz my hair with a conditioning leave in (concentrating on the ends) and roll my hair in a spiral fashion. I leave in the rollers as I get ready for my activity, as little as 15 minutes but no more than 30. I carefully remove the rollers again in a spiral fashion. My hair is not completely dry, because if it dries all the way the curls will be too tight and not drop the way I want them to. When I unroll them, the curls look like I spiraled with a curling iron. They are smooth and sleek. I do not disturb the curls until the hair completely dries. I have 4a relaxed hair.

HTH! (I can post a pic of a recent style I did using this method if you like).

That's a cool idea!

I maintain my roller sets and curls by just rolling them up night with foam rollers. I use the largest sized ones (1.5 inch) and put them in with my mohawk+sides pattern (sometimes I'll do a lot of rollers for a very full voluminous look, or sometimes I'll use fewer rollers for just bumped edges) and I either sleep in them, or if I'm short on time I'll set them on rollers and then do what I have to do to get ready. Hop in the shower so the steam can help set it, get dressed and take down my hair last. The curls last all day long. That's another way to steam set without direct heat or damaging effects of a curling iron. I have not used a curling iron since Nov 2007.

In fact I'm sitting here now with curlers as I'm going to a party with some friends in an hour. I rolled my hair up at @ 4pm (moisturized and sealed first), and now I'm hoping in the shower so by the time I get dressed they'll be perfect.

I use something called "poor man's Caruso's", LOL. I use this method to touch up a rollerset in a pinch without a curling iron, especially in the front, or anywhere that the curls are looking fuzzy and old. :nono:

Anyway, I use regular magnetic rollers (small), lightly spritz my hair with a conditioning leave in (concentrating on the ends) and roll my hair in a spiral fashion. I leave in the rollers as I get ready for my activity, as little as 15 minutes but no more than 30. I carefully remove the rollers again in a spiral fashion. My hair is not completely dry, because if it dries all the way the curls will be too tight and not drop the way I want them to. When I unroll them, the curls look like I spiraled with a curling iron. They are smooth and sleek. I do not disturb the curls until the hair completely dries. I have 4a relaxed hair.

HTH! (I can post a pic of a recent style I did using this method if you like).

Please post them! :grin:

Back