Touching my scalp to see if my hair is real

ajoyfuljoy

So, okay, I'm at work right. And this (black) lady comes up to me (I'm rocking a perm rod set) and is like, "Wow, is that your hair?"

I'm like, "Uh yeah!"

So she's like, "That's beautiful! Is that really your real hair?" I said yeah again and just explained that I set my hair on perm rods.

Then she comes over as if she is about to touch it (which is something I'm totally prepared for).

And instead of patting my hair she starts poking into my hair at my scalp :blush:

And she is like, "I didn't know your hair was so thick!" (I usually bun)

I was just sitting there thinking, "Please finish this quickly!" :sad:

It just all happened so fast. She couldn't believe it was my hair. Then she still said, "It really looks like a wig!" :rolleyes:

I faked a smile and was just like, "Thank you"

Why people gotta think I'm lying :perplexed

m_2c26237243eb2a682b2996253301d0c5.jpg

(it's fallen a litle more today so it looks more natural IMO)

Last edited:
So, okay, I'm at work right. And this (black) lady comes up to me (I'm rocking a perm rod set) and is like, "Wow, is that your hair?"

I'm like, "Uh yeah!"

So she's like, "That's beautiful! Is that really your real hair?" I said yeah again and just explained that I set my hair on perm rods.

Then she comes over as if she is about to touch it (which is something I'm totally prepared for).

And instead of patting my hair she starts poking into my hair at my scalp :blush:

It just all happened so fast. She couldn't believe it was my hair. Then she still said, "It really looks like a wig!" :rolleyes:

:lachen:

I dunno... it's usually because they feel that if they can't do it, you can't do it.

I hate when people touch my hair too...You should post a pic.. I would love to see your "fake" real hair lol!!! :grin:

I dunno... it's usually because they feel that if they can't do it, you can't do it.

I guess so. I'm like dang, you think I'd really lie one black sista to the next. I have absolutely no problem telling when it is fake, you know?

I hate when people touch my hair too...You should post a pic.. I would love to see your "fake" real hair lol!!! :grin:

I did take a pic of it yesterday, I'll be able to post a little later tonight when I get to my camera :yep:

Wow, that's a real turn off. I guess you're supposed to be flattered.

I used to get that all the time when I was relaxed---is your hair a wig thing---now I guess they know the bushy curls and waves are mine. LOL.

You should pinch her gut and ask her if she's wearing Spanx LOL

Some people are so rude!
LMAO!

.......or poke her in the tummy and make that Pillsbury Doughboy sound ( Mm...Mmmmm....)

I would pay to see THAT reaction...

Dang JOYFULJOY--well, take it as a compliment girl.
I dunno....usually when ppl ask me about weave/wigs, they're satisifed with a 'no'.
It's the men (namely brothas) who want to be digging all in my head...:nono:

This does not suprise me. I had a co-worker who tried to touch my twists and I had to do a wax on and wax off move. (She tried it twice).

You know this isnt going to be the last time.

Was this at work..If so if ever your company have a meeting about harrasement.. They should also put in.."Touching someones hair" as one of the things you shouldnt do.

Dang! :lachen:

I had the same thing happen to me. I wore my hair airdried to work last week. A male co worker not only touched my scalp...this fool grabbed my hair and pulled it!:wallbash:

Can't wait to see your "wig" :giggle:

Last edited:
This does not suprise me. I had a co-worker who tried to touch my twists and I had to do a wax on and wax off move. (She tried it twice).

Was this at work..If so if ever your company have a meeting about harrasement.. They should also put in.."Touching someones hair" as one of the things you shouldnt do.
I love it, classic move... I would have done the same...blocked that hand in mid air...! :laugh: She'd think twice before tryna touch someone elses head...:rolleyes:

You should pinch her gut and ask her if she's wearing Spanx LOL

Some people are so rude!

...and make the little noise, "Puhkoooo!" lol :lachen:

Wow, that's a real turn off. I guess you're supposed to be flattered.

I used to get that all the time when I was relaxed---is your hair a wig thing---now I guess they know the bushy curls and waves are mine. LOL.

lol!

lol, It should be enough if you tell them, but some people gotta touch and actually see it up close.

I guess people think you be lying or whatever. But who got time for that?

LMAO!

.......or poke her in the tummy and make that Pillsbury Doughboy sound ( Mm...Mmmmm....)

I would pay to see THAT reaction...

Dang JOYFULJOY--well, take it as a compliment girl.
I dunno....usually when ppl ask me about weave/wigs, they're satisifed with a 'no'.
It's the men (namely brothas) who want to be digging all in my head...:nono:

I haven't had the men dig in my head yet but I'm sure that one is a coming

yup, at work. I actually don't mind certain people (i.e. people I talk to on the reg.) up in my head. Some of my coworkers that are nice...I don't mind helping them learn about our hair.

But somebody I'm casual with? :nono:

Dang! :lachen:

I had the same thing happen to me. I wore my hair airdried to work last week. A male co worker not only touched my scalp...this fool grabbed my hair and pulled it!:wallbash:

Can't wait to see your "wig" :giggle:

that's funny! I'm about to upload the pic.

I love it, classic move... I would have done the same...blocked that hand in mid air...! :laugh: She'd think twice before tryna touch someone elses head...:rolleyes:

okay! :lachen:

I'm like, "Uh yeah!"

Wow.

I've had people stare, but I've never had anyone actually pull my hair and go digging at my scalp, even if I'm rockin' my fro, which I do pretty often in the summer.

I'm only cool with family touching my hair and maybe my boyfriend. Sometimes my students ( I teach 5th grade) like to touch it, but I only let them touch it if I'm in a REALLY good mood and they've washed their hands.

Personally, I think it's pretty disrespectful just to go up to someone and touch their hair without permission. I feel the same way about people who just go around touching pregnant women's stomachs. Just because it's blatantly out there on display (big hair, big stomach, etc.) does not give you the right to try to fondle it. Just my opinion.

i wish a m*$%@f!^#+ would... :clubu:

Wow.

I've had people stare, but I've never had anyone actually pull my hair and go digging at my scalp, even if I'm rockin' my fro, which I do pretty often in the summer.

I'm only cool with family touching my hair and maybe my boyfriend. Sometimes my students ( I teach 5th grade) like to touch it, but I only let them touch it if I'm in a REALLY good mood and they've washed their hands.

Personally, I think it's pretty disrespectful just to go up to someone and touch their hair without permission. I feel the same way about people who just go around touching pregnant women's stomachs. Just because it's blatantly out there on display (big hair, big stomach, etc.) does not give you the right to try to fondle it. Just my opinion.

Yeah me neither...until today.

I used to read these threads like, "Geez, glad that ain't happenin' to me! Now I'm the one complainin' about it :lachen:"

But really, it did happen kind of fast.

Next time I will be prepared though :yep:

Ok, touching the hair makes me uncomfortable, but digging down in the scalp is taking things way too far. :ohwell:

She is right though, it is cute and thick looking :yep:

Just wanted to say that your hair is really cute.

Your co-worker just doesn't understand the versatility of black hair. But this still doesn't justify her actions.

Ok, touching the hair makes me uncomfortable, but digging down in the scalp is taking things way too far. :ohwell:

She is right though, it is cute and thick looking :yep:

Thank you (blush)!

Just wanted to say that your hair is really cute.​

Your co-worker just doesn't understand the versatility of black hair. But this still doesn't justify her actions.​

Yeah, she be rocking that jerry curl or something like that :lachen:

Yes, that's it. Also, if they do have it; they can't believe that anyone else can have it too. :rolleyes:

That is true

oops. I missed the part about her being black. I take my comment back. There's no excuse for her foolishness.:lachen:

LOL...funny...We know how we are about our hair, matter of fact "other" people know too :lol:, so how she just gon act all brand new...:rolleyes:

Just a lack of home training or common sense :spinning:

Honey, take it as a compliment! She couldn't believe that your real hair could look so good!! Just let them talk, (don't touch!) and keep them guessing! :yep:

Went to 50th BD party on the weekend ...both my sis and I had this happen...I think its rude .. in this case they were looking for tracks ..RUDE:nono:

Back