Touch up question

browneyedgrl

I'm about 4 months post and plan is to stretch until 6 months in March. So far everything is going better than I expected. In the past stretches failed but what I'm doing differently this time is heat straightening my roots and wearing my hair straight 100% of the time rather than my old method of no heat with conditioner washes and buns. Surprisingly heat is working for me. Since i'll have 6 months worth of new growth when I relax I'm debating if I should go to the hairdresser with my hair previously straightened to make the touch up easier or should I go with it washed and air dried so the different textures will be more visible. The problem with the latter is that my hair tangles easily so I know detangling will be a disaster if I let her touch up with all that growth. If I go straightened though, I might end up underprocessed because the new growth isn't as visible. What do you long time stretchers do?

When I go to the hair salon, I always went with my hair flat ironed straight 2wks prior to relaxer. That way there should be enough NG visible. Another thing I would do is blow dry my hair a week before relaxer.

Pelohelo, Thanks for responding. Have you suffered any underprocessed parts? I'm was just nervous that if I go with 6 mos new growth straightened she may not be able to accurately differentiate between the kinks and the previously relaxed hair and I end up with an underprocessed mess in some spots.

Pelohelo, Thanks for responding. Have you suffered any underprocessed parts? I'm was just nervous that if I go with 6 mos new growth straightened she may not be able to accurately differentiate between the kinks and the previously relaxed hair and I end up with an underprocessed mess in some spots.

I'm texlax, so I like when my hair is alittle underprocessed. But when I was getting it bone straight, I would tell the hair dresser how long its been since my last relaxer & also by me going to the salon 2wks prior to flat ironing my hair, there was enough reversion for her to tell the difference.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Back