To use end papers or not to use that is the question?

jellynote

I have the Hype Hair Satin Foam Rollers and I was wondering if it was better if I didn't use the end papers. I'm thinking that they will dry out my ends while I'm sleeping. Any thoughts on which is best ladies?

Well from my understanding they have a silk overlay so they will keep your moisturized so you don't need the end papers.
ps. I'm new

[ QUOTE ]
Well from my understanding they have a silk overlay so they will keep your moisturized so you don't need the end papers.
ps. I'm new

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you brownstallion and welcome to the board /images/graemlins/wave.gif Happy Healthy hair growing /images/graemlins/weird.gif

Yes, Brownstallion is correct. /images/graemlins/up.gif

I've been using them for the past 3 years or so and they work very well without end papers. I don't use them on a daily basis though. If you think that you're experiencing dryness from the rollers, then you may want to try end papers, but I've never had to.

[ QUOTE ]

I've been using them for the past 3 years or so and they work very well without end papers. I don't use them on a daily basis though. If you think that you're experiencing dryness from the rollers, then you may want to try end papers, but I've never had to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you kitchen_tican I haven't used my rollers yet I was just wondering if I should use end papers or not. I like the feel of the rollers though. I'm going to use them with my next rollerset.

I like end papers because I know it'll keep my ends smooth and I don't have to worry so much about awkward curls. If you're worried about the ends drying your hair out, just put some oil on your ends.

I get a smoother and SHINIER finish to my rollersets at home than at the salon. I skip the end papers and slick each section of hair with coconut oil before I put it on the roller. No dry ends, either.

Now why don't I rollerset at home more often???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you kitchen_tican I haven't used my rollers yet I was just wondering if I should use end papers or not. I like the feel of the rollers though. I'm going to use them with my next rollerset.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jellynote, I've never used satin sponge rollers on wet hair and I don't think they're made for that. I know Faith used them on wet hair and she didn't like the results. I think it's fine to use them after you roller set your hair with rods, magnetic or mesh rollers, then you can use the satin rollers to maintain the curl throughout the week.

I think they work best on dry hair, with maybe some sort of oil or moisturizer. Let us know how it turns out.

Thank you ladies. I'm not going to use them on a wet roller set, but a dry one. I usually airdry my hair via ponytail after every wash and retouch. I'm going to the salon for the first time in a year to get my retouch and I was just wondering which way will turn out better. I will definiately let you all know how my rollerset turns out. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back