To Trim or Not to Trim

FemmeFatale

That is the question..lol How often do you trim your hair throughout your hair journey? Is it an absolute must for you to achieve your hair goals?

The last time I got a trim was in Feb and I just took down my install and got a touch up (mom did a great job) and I'm debating on whether I should get one or not. My mom is just like me, we both like neat blunt ends and she said that I need a slight trim. I'm so close to BSL and I don't want to cut anything :cry:

I'm getting an install next week anyway, I'm just debating on if I should do the trim now or next quarter.

Last edited:
I would do the bare minimum trim. Have you noticed any tangling, snagging, or knots at the ends of your hair...or is it just a little uneven?

That is the question..lol How often do you trim your hair throughout your hair journey? Is it an absolute must for you to achieve your hair goals? The last time I got a trim was in Feb and I just took down my install and got a touch up (mom did a great job) and I'm debating on whether I should get one or not. My mom is just like me, we both like neat blunt ends and she said that I need a slight trim. I'm so close to BSL and I don't want to cut anything :cry: I'm getting an install next week anyway, I'm just debating on if I should do the trim now or next quarter.

I usually trim every 4 to 5 months but I don't think you are supposed to trim unless you actually see split ends. If some hairs are just longer than others then you actually don't need it trimmed unless you want to.

Back