TO TRIM, or NOT TO TRIM?

sass*&*silk

TO TRIM OR NOT TO TRIM? That is the question.

After going natural for apx. 8 years I relaxed. This caused thining and breakage to my hair, esp. to my carrot top (crown). Should I trim 2 to 3 inches to promote new growth or should I just waIt it out? :wallbash: I would like for it to grow as fast and as long as possible. HELP!!!!

Sorry you are having a problem.

No offense.....................but

How will trimming 2 or 3 inches promote new growth?????? Hair grows from the scalp, not the ends. :look:

Baby the hair, keep your moisture/protien balance on point.

only trim your ends if they look damage.. if not just wait it out... and just develop a good game plan for taking care of your hair..

How will trimming 2 or 3 inches promote new growth?????? Hair grows from the scalp, not the ends. :look:

Baby the hair, keep your moisture/protein balance on point.

I agree :yep:

Also, I don't think you should trim if your ends "look" damaged, only if they are damaged. My ends looked damaged as well, but I kept the, babied them, and worked with it. You can sleep with a roller on the ends to keep them smooth and they'll have a nice bump on the ends. I have a tutorial in my fotki so you can see how I cared for them and was able to retain length.

Do you have splits ends? Are they always dry and breaking? If not, then it makes no sense to trim/cut your hair. Only trim if keeping them is sacrificing the overall health of your hair.

If your ends are split or damaged then trim.......If not then don't...

Trimming hair does not promote hair growth ......thats a myth!!!

I agree with the other ladies:yep:

I wouldn't trim unless they look/are really bad and damaged.

Do some dusting....I love dusting. You can take less then half an inch off (or less) and it makes a big difference in appearance.

Baby the hair, keep your moisture/protien balance on point.

ITA, TRIM DON'T PROMOTE GROWTH, :nono:we don't believe it on LHCF
I agree with ChocalateDiva advice:yep:
check out sistaslick thread:
Sistaslick's Hair Breakage 101 Thread:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...ad.php?t=84746

Last edited:
Back