To trim or not to trim...

chayil0427

Ladies I have a quandry. I have a section of hair that's damaged and slightly shorter than the other side. Should I go ahead and trim this section now (the trim will be about a half to three quarters of and inch) or hang onto it until I gain more length using protien treatments to preserve the thin section.

Had anyone done a major trim during their growth process? How did it benefit and not benefit you?

Chayil

I have not done a major trim: when that last strand gets to my goal: i'll trim the rest: if the length is unbearable for u: then go ahead n trim: but if not: just leave it be. ~HTH~

I really just wanna hang on. I mean my ends are doing ok, but then part of me is just like get rid of it. But I just hate idea of a cute cause I've worked so hard ya know.

Chayil

I had this problem and I dusted a little every month until I got to a point that it got better. That helped me hang onto as much as possible so that I can style it the way that I wanted.

I'm the type of person who goes hard or go home. Trimming little by little would frustrate me, because I HATE not seeing progress. And it would hurt my feelings to see some progress only to HAVE to snip it away.:( It would hurt my heart.

Then again, I am also the type of person ( I am so lame btw) who can't sleep at night knowing I got some damage and KNOWING I have scissors in the same house and in a matter of seconds it can be taken care of.:lol:

I was faced with this SAME issue a few weeks ago, and I snipped off about 4 inches and got it over with. Sometimes I wish I would have let it grow out and babied the area, but I (didn't I tell you I am lame :look: ) just can't give advice here, knowing I have a section of damaged hair. In a weird way, I would feel like a hypocrite. And if someone mentioned people who hold onto damaged ends, I would always feel like they were talking about me.:lol:

Anyways, obviously it is your choice and none of what I said above has anything to do with you, I was just rambling:lol: . It seems like it is very hard to let go of the length, so if I were you I would give it a chance to step it's game up by the end of the summer and if it didn't, I would let it go.

Back