To the ladies that relax

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Let's say there is a relaxer that can relax your hair with out over processing,overlapping issues nor burning the scalp at all. Would you relax more often or would you continue to stretch?

I'd still go 18-20 weeks between relaxers. Why, is there a new relaxer we need to know about? Spill it! :)

I'd still stretch relaxers are already time consuming. I don't think I would feel like doing it on a shorter schedule.

I'd still go 18-20 weeks between relaxers. Why, is there a new relaxer we need to know about? Spill it! :)

sunnieb Its not called a relaxer its called hair botox. There are different types. I meant to write an article about it on my blog but I am not blogging at the moment. The only con is that it is expensive as heck. The cheapest I've seen is 79.00 for 1000ml

I would like to try it out and see how well it works on afro hair since I've mainly seen it done on wavy and loosely curled hair

Last edited:
I don't relax anymore I'm transitioning but I used to delay the relaxer process mainly because I hate the all the day process and I get too busy
I doubt anything would change my relaxing procrastination :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Im surprised. I would probably never see my natural texture if this was the case lol

After 10 to 12 weeks my hair start breaking because the two textures are so different. Can we get a link to the relaxer. I'm taking a break from relaxing. I would like to keep an eye on that hair Botox.

At one point in life I would have said yes back when I disliked volume and could not manage two textures. My answer is now no because I like the volume that my new growth provides plus I can manage the two textures with ease (or somewhat ease) so there isn't any motivation to relax sooner.

After 10 to 12 weeks my hair start breaking because the two textures are so different. Can we get a link to the relaxer. I'm taking a break from relaxing. I would like to keep an eye on that hair Botox.

Keen here are a few pictures

Botox+Lola.jpg

Poinha.jpg

Poinha2.jpg

Here is a video on the application for another brand

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ilj7ZyeqSuc

this looks like a formaldehyde free type of that Brazilian treatment that was popular a few years ago.

this looks like a formaldehyde free type of that Brazilian treatment that was popular a few years ago.

Its similar but with the botox, the straightening effect happens without heat. Its is smoothed in like a relaxer and then sealed in with a flat iron. I still bkt too so this looks promising to me.

Its similar but with the botox, the straightening effect happens without heat. Its is smoothed in like a relaxer and then sealed in with a flat iron. I still bkt too so this looks promising to me.

Napp I think heat is needed because when the stylist was flat ironing the hair, she said she was sealing it.

I did BKT on my relaxed hair. It felt sooo good. But I had lots of breakage thereafter. If I could get the same result with this, I would do it on my relaxed hair.

Back