To SEal or not to SEal

PrettyinPink001

What are good oils to use to seal your hair? And do they really work?
Before I used natural virgin coconut oil, and I thought it weighed my hair down.
Any thoughts?

Coconut does not agree with everyones hair...i like it and it is one of the lightest oils...

U can try wgo...it had ceramicides in it...i mix mine with evoo

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

I seal with either evoo, castor or jojoba oil.

It's been working for me, after I apply my aloe vera gel/vegetable glycerin mix, I seal and it's keeping my hair moisturized.

i don't like sealing anymore. I found that tucking my moisturized ends away, mantained moisture for far longer than sealing with oils did (24 hour moisture, as opposed to just 4 or 5 hours). And my hair hasn't seen daylight in a year. I always protect my hair from the weather. HTH

I don't seal either...it never worked for me, my moisturizer is good enough that I don't have to seal anything in.........

I seal with sweet almond oil or grapeseed oil- it seems to help the moister stay longer and decreases tangles. both with curly and straight hair
particularly with straight hair, it keeps my ends really smooth, and decreases how frequently i dust my end

Well, are you going to tell what moisturizer you use to keep your hair and ends moist? LOL.

LOL! My bad. I use World of Curls Curl Activator gel, but it might not be for everyone because of how dry the atmosphere is in a lot of regions right now.

I apply it once when I style my hair and thereafter I spritz as needed with a mixture of aloe juice, JBCO, and WOC combout spray....

LOL! My bad. I use World of Curls Curl Activator gel, but it might not be for everyone because of how dry the atmosphere is in a lot of regions right now.

I apply it once when I style my hair and thereafter I spritz as needed with a mixture of aloe juice, JBCO, and WOC combout spray....
Thanks for the info......Your hair is soooo pretty!

I love EVOO!! It's heavier than coconut oil, but it absorbs in my hair so much better.

Coconut oil is one of the lightest oils, I think.... someone correct me if I'm wrong...

I use jojoba oil and peach oil. I got the peach oil from Darcy's Botanicals. Its a little heavier then the jojoba oil, but I feel like it does a better job at sealing the moisture in.

I use a mixture of Hot 6, hemp seed, and tea tree oil to seal. I use castor oil on my ends because it hides my split ends beautifully!

@allicat -Do you airdry and use a serum? Which serum? I was thinking of doing the same thing :yep:

I use Paul Mitchell super skinny serum to seal. I mostly use it to seal on soaking wet hair because it reduces drying time. Makes my hair dry soft too and it also smells good :yep:

I use Paul Mitchell super skinny serum to seal. I mostly use it to seal on soaking wet hair because it reduces drying time. Makes my hair dry soft too and it also smells good :yep:
Cheers. Thank you! Sorry for the upcoming questions lol, but:
-how much serum does it take roughly?
-do you ever (need to) touch up with serum or moisturiser during the week?
-does it leave your hair 'greasy' or weighed down?

Coconut does not agree with everyones hair...i like it and it is one of the lightest oils...

U can try wgo...it had ceramicides in it...i mix mine with evoo

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

Sorry but what does Ceramicides do to your hair?
what is evoo or wgo?

Co-sign on the castor oil. I've been using a mixture of JBCO, WGO and jojoba oil. Coconut oil was not doing it for me.

I use unpetroleum jelly. I dont need much but it really keeps my hair soft without being greasy (as long as I am not crazy heavy handed:)

Back