To relax or not to relax?

B_sWife79

Hi everyone, I just finally joined today. I've been lurking for a long time and enough is enough, it was time to join. My question is do I relax my hair tonight. I have about an inch and a half of new growth in the front about an inch in the middle and less in the back. Since I've been keeping my hair up in one of those banana clips to try to keep it off my clothes (because sock bunning does all kinds of damage to my ends) I think I might have a similar amount of ng in the back, but its flat so I really can't tell because I dry it in ponytails and it seems to be pulled tighter in the back. I wouldn't worry about it but it seems like when its time for a relaxer I have more broken ends than when I keep it relaxed and smooth. Any suggestions? (btw, I'd be using the Optimum breakage preventing red box...it worked out really nicely last time about 9 weeks ago and I can't afford to have someone else do it)

I'm a supporter of stretching but it doesn't work for everyone. If your hair is breaking at the demarcation line or if your new growth is too much for you to handle... I say go for it :yep:

Thank you BotanyGrl for your reply...what's strange is its not so much breaking off at the demarcation line, but rather seems like it just doesn't hold moisture...

I say relax, especially if you're new to streching. I wouldn't shock my hair too much because you don't want unnecessary breakage. I guess I'm basing my response on my personal hair type, but everyone is different. Good luck!

I'm a supporter of stretching but it doesn't work for everyone. If your hair is breaking at the demarcation line or if your new growth is too much for you to handle... I say go for it :yep:

I also agree with BotanyGrl. If your hair is unmanagable (meaning your style doesn't last a week because its so packed to your head due to the new growth), I say relax. :yep:

Well, I took the combination of your advice and my gut feeling and relaxed, and it seems back to normal and healthy. No bad effects. I am thankful.

Back