To cut or not to cut???

YoungWavey

Well, since i been using bt and summer coming up...I wanted to get my hair in braids. So my question is i know i need my ends trims but it isn't bad but if i put so shea butter lotion on it...its okay...should i cut my ends b4 i get my braids or wait until i take them out. I'm trying to strech my next relaxer to August or Sept. Last touch up was in april...what should i do. I plan on getting box braids but a lil thicker and longer.

YoungWavey said:
Well, since i been using bt and summer coming up...I wanted to get my hair in braids. So my question is i know i need my ends trims but it isn't bad but if i put so shea butter lotion on it...its okay...should i cut my ends b4 i get my braids or wait until i take them out. I'm trying to strech my next relaxer to August or Sept. Last touch up was in april...what should i do. I plan on getting box braids but a lil thicker and longer.

From the info you give, I dont think it makes a difference if you choose to trim before or after your braids. Either way you should be just fine.

Since you say your ends aren't that bad, I would cut after the braids are taken out if you dont want all those nice blunt ends sticking out of your braids. But like one lady was saying it really doesn't make a difference. HTH

Split are just split ends. They are unattractive and i really dont see the point in holding on to them if they are raggedy. If they are not bad and you want to wait until you take your braids out, that should be okay. I would just cut them and start on a healthy path as they grow out. (but that is just me.) <---- lol because I am using Locks disclosures now.

*I am for over all health of the hair rather than the apperance of length.*

Back