To All The WGO Users...just some questions...

shellzfoshizzle

Okay, I am new to LHCF and just started using WildGrowth Hair oil exactly one week ago. After seeing all the positive raves about it and how it is on everyone's lists of products to use and try, I bought me a bottle of it! I really like it because it's thick but light on the hair. I use it twice a day on my scalp and hair. To all the women on here that use WGO how long have you been using it and when did you see results? I saw on the WGO site (www.wildgrowth.com) that one bottle lasts for one-two months , but I might need another bottle in about one or two weeks !!! My hair gets extremely dry and I use it a lot on my broken, uneven sides and my "kitchen". Do you all use a lot of WGO? I don't mind spending $8.00 for something that works? Can you all just give me your experiences (good or bad) with WGO and how you use it in your routine? Did you have a lot of new growth?

The very first time i used Wildgrowth back in 2002 it grew my hair 2 inches within 7 weeks. I currently mix mine with other oils, not necessarily for hair growth though. A lot of women on here have better success with Surge 14 revitaliser.

Thanks! I use Surge 14 too and I don't like how it makes my hair wet. I roller set my hair and wear it curly and I have to do A LOT to it when I use the Surge 14 because it makes my hair wet and somewhat dry. The Woojee cream is too light for my dry hair so then I have to put on a ton of WGO! That is too much work! I want low-maintence... :-(

Why not try other moisturisers to counteract dryness: i love, keracare oil moisturiser with jojoba oil, profectiv Breakfree, Profectiv Roothealth.

Thanks den1! I will see how the WGO oil helps. I am trying not to use so many products on my hair. I think it needs to get used to one or two products. Keracare has a great line of products, but there Moisturizer with Jojoba oil reminds me oil Pink Oil Moisturizer, which I hate! lol. I actually have some on my bathroom now. It' sjust sitting there going to waste. It's too heavy for my hair. I hope this WGO works. My goal is to be consistent with Surge and WGO for one month or two.

Keracare is nothing compared to pink oil, i would'nt use it if it caused devastating effects. The reason why i suggested those, because oil is not a moisturiser, it only helps to seal it in. Good luck

I only used WGO for my blow-outs (with relaxed hair) when I had a lot of newgrowth, it made my hair straighter and it didn't revert as fast.

I'm using it now mixed with castor oil. It keeps my hair soft but I don't know about increased growth. I have NOT found anything that speeds up my growth...lol

Some types of oils are moisturizers. Like jojoba oil is a moisturizer for the hair because, the molecular structure of the oil is small enough to get into the hair shaft. Some oils just coat the hair because the molecular structure is too big.

I went to buy WGO yesterday too, but I couldn't fathom spending another 8 bucks on the oil. I used the oil about 2 years ago when I first came to lhcf, but I was really inexperienced. I have to come up on some extra cash before I pay for that again. Im trying to also simply my routine and use products that don't cost that much but do a great job too.
-Faye

Hello everyone,

This is my first post !!!! About the WGO question. I have tried this product while I was in braids ( which is not a good idea because of the smell) For the months that I have used it, I did see some additional growth, maybe about a 1/4 inch more. However I am not too sure if it was the oil making my hair grow (stimulant) or it was just preventing breakage.

[ QUOTE ]
The very first time i used Wildgrowth back in 2002 it grew my hair 2 inches within 7 weeks. I currently mix mine with other oils, not necessarily for hair growth though. A lot of women on here have better success with Surge 14 revitaliser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, whoa, whoa.....how come we didn't know about this? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

How often did you use it? Daily? Weekly?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, whoa, whoa.....how come we didn't know about this? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

How often did you use it? Daily? Weekly?

[/ QUOTE ]

because it was ages ago...I hadn't found LHCF until six months later. I used it almost everyday. After two months of usuage my growth rate slowed a bit and i begun mixing Doo gro oil and MSM powder along with it, i achieved very good growth, but i didn't retain it as i never knew about a healthy hair regime then.

After researching healthy growth, I stopped because i heard that oil placed on the scalp has the potential to clogs the follicles, inhibiting healthy growth. I'm too afraid of build-up issues so i won't try this again, especially because it may cause matting at the base of my cornrows.

After washing my hair, I sometimes lightly oil my hair with WGO when it's damp.

During the week when my hair is in a rollerset, I sometimes apply WGO to my scalp and massage it all over every 3-4 days.

And I sometimes apply a very small amount of WGO to my hands, rub them together, and put it on my ends before putting up my hair at night.

I like WGO for rollersets and straightening, also when my ends are dry it does the trick. I haven't noticed any difference in growth though.

I've been using wgo with added castor oil and coconut oil. I love how soft my hair has been feeling. I've been using it on my scalp and length about every other day for about 2 wks now. I'm in love. I also dot my scalp with it after I wash.

i like using in on my hair when it's damp. it's good for locking in moisture. I like using it on my ends when they feel dry too.

I love WGO /images/graemlins/up.gif it's all I use when my hair is out. I got some good growth from it about 1 1/2 inch in a months time.

Yep! I started using WGO a few weeks ago. I don't know why I stopped using it - this stuff is fantastic! My hair is definitely enjoying it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif New growth and retaining length!
/images/graemlins/antlers.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yep! I started using WGO a few weeks ago. I don't know why I stopped using it - this stuff is fantastic! My hair is definitely enjoying it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif New growth and retaining length!
/images/graemlins/antlers.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup I started using this when I do the baggie method and when I do my buns and it is great on my ends and retaining moisture

[ QUOTE ]
After washing my hair, I sometimes lightly oil my hair with WGO when it's damp.

During the week when my hair is in a rollerset, I sometimes apply WGO to my scalp and massage it all over every 3-4 days.

And I sometimes apply a very small amount of WGO to my hands, rub them together, and put it on my ends before putting up my hair at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too Poohbear! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've been using it for the last 3mos. daily, and I cant say my growth has speeded up, but Its making my transition easier. Less snaps, and snags, and the softness is unreal.

shell:

when i first used this oil it seemed sticky/oily. to be fair; my hair is easily weighed down.

i have changed my mind and i like this oil now. it leaves my hair smooth and not greasy.

Back