Time to Reveal Your Secret Moisture Weapons!

chayil0427

Ladies

One thing I've learned from the board is that the protien/moisture balance of your hair is very important. Yet, for me protien is the easy part. It's keeping my hair consistently moisturized that's a daily battle.

So...I thought we'd compile of thread of everyone's secret moisture weapons. Here are mine.

I focus on moisture at every stage of the wash.

So I use Nexxus Phyto Organics Extreme Moisture Poos and Cons to wash my hair. Detangles like a dream and leaves your hair moist and silky. If my hair starts to feel dry I know it's time to wash.

Before roller setting I add a dab of Mizani H20 Intense Night Cream to moisturize my hair during the drying process.

After the set, I add a little more Mizani and seal with KeraCare Essential Oils.

I reapply the oils almost daily and the Mizani about three times a week. So far so good!

Also I wear a silk bonnet from tender headed.com at night to keep the moisture in my hair. Also relaxing with Lye seems to keep my hair more moist than no lye. I can really tell the difference between the lye part of my hair and the no lye ends which are much dryer.

Chayil

I use Qhemet's Sidr Tree Butter Balm and a serum on my wet hair as a leave in before I airdry.

I tried skipping this step but , nothing is giving me the same lastign moisture.

It is a bit "greasy" for the 1st day, but that leaves on the days following that.

I maintain, but moisturizing every other day or so with some cream moisturizer. My 2 favorite ones have been discontinued (loreal vive anti-frizz leave in and Herbal essences smoothing cream) but I tried Garnier Sleek and Shine leave in to replace the loreal. That tends to need oil or serum for sealing and shine. I don't like taking that extra step.

I just discovered Aveda Brilliant styling cream to replace the herbal essence and that has been great. Also Matrix Sleek Look styling cream is pretty good.

I wear my hair down and wrapped daily.

HoneyDew said:
I use Qhemet's Sidr Tree Butter Balm and a serum on my wet hair as a leave in before I airdry.

I tried skipping this step but , nothing is giving me the same lastign moisture.

It is a bit "greasy" for the 1st day, but that leaves on the days following that.

I maintain, but moisturizing every other day or so with some cream moisturizer. My 2 favorite ones have been discontinued (loreal vive anti-frizz leave in and Herbal essences smoothing cream) but I tried Garnier Sleek and Shine leave in to replace the loreal. That tends to need oil or serum for sealing and shine. I don't like taking that extra step.

I just discovered Aveda Brilliant styling cream to replace the herbal essence and that has been great. Also Matrix Sleek Look styling cream is pretty good.

Have you seen their leave-in smoothing cream from the none of your frizzness line?? it may be your old stuff repackaged...:confused:

naturallylovely said:

Have you seen their leave-in smoothing cream from the none of your frizzness line?? it may be your old stuff repackaged...:confused:

I have not tried the new one yet. The ingredients are not the same.

The discontinued Herbal Essences Smoothing cream:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Extract (Jojoba), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract (Papaya), Averrhoa Carambola Fruit Extract, Citrus Nobilis Peel Extract (Mandarin Orange), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Sodium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Fragrance, Alcohol Denat, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Benzoate, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol

The new None of Your Frizziness Smoothing leave in:
Water , Cyclopentasiloxane , Dimethicone , Citrus Nobilis Peel Oil Mandarin Orange , Pearl Powder , Fragrance Parfum , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Cetyl Alcohol , Quaternium-18 , Benzyl Alcohol , Propylene Glycol , Stearyl Alcohol , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-2M , Cetearyl Alcohol , Polysorbate-60 , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Glyceryl Stearate , Oleyl Alcohol , EDTA , Citric Acid

I am going to check it out. I am just concerned about that "Pearl Powder". :look:

HoneyDew said:

I love that Brilliant Cream by Aveda!

Letitia said:
I love that Brilliant Cream by Aveda!

So far, I really like it too. I wish that it had a different smell though. I think I was just used to the perfumey smell of the Herbal Essences Smoothing cream that I am replacing for the Aveda possibly. I little goes a long way, too. I think it will last a long time, which makes up for the price.

HoneyDew said:
So far, I really like it too. I wish that it had a different smell though. I think I was just used to the perfumey smell of the Herbal Essences Smoothing cream that I am replacing for the Aveda possibly. I little goes a long way, too. I think it will last a long time, which makes up for the price.

I agree on the smell. It doesnt smell bad or anything.....just not great.:lol:
I agree with the bolded part. I am just heavy handed.

naturallylovely said:
please check back in with us and let us know if it is a replacement for your beloved smoothing cream!!!!

I hope so. I like the price of that better than the Matrix or the Aveda. I did try the Suave copycat of the Matrix cream and I didn't like it as well. I only used it once, but it just did not compare. :look: I'd rather spend more money on something that I really will use.

Letitia said:
I agree on the smell. It doesnt smell bad or anything.....just not great.:lol:
I agree with the bolded part. I am just heavy handed.

ME TOO! I hear people saying they use a quarter sized amount of their creams and conditioners and I am like :eek: :look:

Back