This stuff stopped my breakage/shedding!! I am so HAPPY!!

ChocalateDiva

For the last month, I have been having more shedding and breakage than i would have liked. I have tried the following products and they have not stopped it!! I was at my wits end. I tried Aveeda DR Line, Joice K-Pak Conditioner and Reconstructer, Affirm 5N1 Reconstructer and Aphogee.. none of these stopped it.

Monday I got Cathy Howse's UBH Conditioner in the mail and I went ahead and washed my hair and deep conditioned even tho it was two days earler than I had planned.

I HAVE NOT SEEN ONE HAIR LEAVE MY HEAD SINCE MONDAY!! :) HAIR SEEMS SO STRONG AND FEEL SO GOOD!!!

I think I'm in love!!

Has anyone else tried this stuff?

Last edited:
Yes, it's great! I started out using this over three years ago and I will continue to keep it in my collection until she stops making it. I haven't used it in a while though because I'm mostly using Dominican products now (I like to use one line if possible) but it's really good stuff. I find that I like it even more now that I have a new dryer (My hair actually feels moisturized after using it with the new dryer. Before with the vintage dryer it worked great but my hair was a little dry/crunchy...the heat is much more gentler with the new dryer).

Last edited:
I am experiencing breaking more than normal so I have gone back to doing nothing to my hair. I am rocking 2 cornrows and will do them again every 2 days. I am glad to hear that you found a product that worked for you, for me its going to take time but I will get there again.

Blackoutzangel05 said:
I am experiencing breaking more than normal so I have gone back to doing nothing to my hair. I am rocking 2 cornrows and will do them again every 2 days. I am glad to hear that you found a product that worked for you, for me its going to take time but I will get there again.

I feel the same way. I washed my hair and see I have a lot more breakage than I expected. I am going to get cornrows in August.

Here is the website!!

http://www.ultrablackhair.com/ProductOrdering.html

conditioner.jpg

I have been using it for over a year and it is great! I was on the Howse system from Jan 06--which led me to this site.

OMG I just recieved mine a few weeks ago and it's incredible, a definite keeper! ZERO breakage after one application. I ordered it to keep my hair strong and healthy underneath my weave while I'm stretching between relaxers. I have three inches of newgrowth and I haven't had any breakage! I'm so excited about this stuff and was just about to do a search to see what the rest of LHCF was saying about it....Glad to see so many others are loving it as well:)

I've been wanting to try this for a long time. I remember someone posted a bad comment(experience) about it and that ,needless to say, killed my desire.:perplexed

Ingredients List:

Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Concentrate, Purified Water, Peppermint Oil, Royal Bee Jelly, Menthol, Stearic Acid, Stearalkonium Chloride, Jojoba Oil, Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Lecithin, Extracts of: (Papaya, Fennel, Kiwi), Tocopherol, Wheat Germ Oil, Ascorbic Acid, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, FD&C Yellow No.5.

sounds good!!

Last edited:
I have her moisturizer and her dew. I think the Moisturizer is off da change. It is not the least bit greasy and makes my hair feel sooo silky. The dew is good to, but, I only use it on my wet hair. LOVE IT, LOVE IT,LOVE IT!!

I do the Dew every day on dry hair then seal. Outstanding:)
ChocalateDiva said:
I have her moisturizer and her dew. I think the Moisturizer is off da change. It is not the least bit greasy and makes my hair feel sooo silky. The dew is good to, but, I only use it on my wet hair. LOVE IT, LOVE IT,LOVE IT!!

I use all of Cathy Howse's products, and LOVE them all. The conditioner is really good, and I haven't found one yet that makes my scalp tingle the way hers does. Unfortunately, I turned into a PJ once I joined the board, and jumped on several different bandwagons.:( I've been experiencing a lot of breakage lately, so I think it's time to pull out the UBH conditioner again.

meaganita said:
Has anyone tried any of her moisterizers or other products that work?
I have the creme moisturizer and the dew...all I can say is Cathy Howse has it figured out! The creme is perfect, leaves hair soft, silky & super moisturized and the dew is light but perfect to spray in between & on braids or tracks to condition and moisturize hair without a heavy build-up. Two of the best moisturizers I've tried IMHO;)

Andreainnis said:
I have the creme moisturizer and the dew...all I can say is Cathy Howse has it figured out! The creme is perfect, leaves hair soft, silky & super moisturized and the dew is light but perfect to spray in between & on braids or tracks to condition and moisturize hair without a heavy build-up. Two of the best moisturizers I've tried IMHO;)
Just placed my order for the conditioner and the moisturizer a little while ago!:spank:...I'm supposed to be in PJ rehab, but I really needed something help curb shedding/breakage.:look: So, I'm starting off with the 8oz first to see if I like it. OP sent me a phone number to a place that sells it here locally. They only sell the 32oz though. But if I like it, I'ma have to save on shipping and go pay 'em a visit!:D

Last edited:
I called the Ultra Black Hair telephone number to clarify how often to use the conditioner.

The lady ask me how many time a week I wash and I said 2 and they said that i will be fine to use it 2 times a week and that I should use a moisturinzing conditioner afterward. Here is the number if anyone wants it: 800-754-8751

HTH

ChocalateDiva said:
I called the Ultra Black Hair telephone number to clarify how often to use the conditioner.

The lady ask me how many time a week I wash and I said 2 and they said that i will be fine to use it 2 times a week and that I should use a moisturinzing conditioner afterward. Here is the number if anyone wants it: 800-754-8751

HTH

thanks for the info!:) Im gonna get some soon.

Leslie_C said:
how often should one use the UBH to treat and prevent breakage?
Cathy recommends using it twice per week with heat if your hair is damaged, or once per week with heat if your hair is in good condition.

Back