The weave is comin' OUT...

henrilou

The weave is comin\' OUT...

Well I got a weave about 7 weeks ago, I needed to jumpstart the growth, motivation etc... I had planned to keep it for 3 months. BUT I can't STAND IT. I miss my own hair. and I am worried about how it's doin' under there. Also I got the itchies bad!!!
So I can see some growth bout 1/4-1/2, but I am really wondering about the over all health. Well I'll let you know tomorrow...

Re: The weave is comin\' OUT...

Hey Henrilou
wave.gif

Sorry to hear about your weave. It must be something in the air because I got braids a week ago and I'm missing my hair and have the itches also.
smile.gif
I think you did good considering that you left it in for 7 weeks.

Henrilou, let us know tomorrow how it looks. I remember that you have a really nice head of hair. Hopefully letting it rest for 7 weeks causes you to gain 2 more inches! Keep us posted.

wow, 3 months! i didnt think it was wise to leave weaves in for that long..
blush.gif
oo:

henrilou how did it go?? did u take the weave out?? how much growth did u have ?? pliz post!!

Well. I can now do a testimonial. Weaving is GOOD for hair growth.
When I weaved there was a girl there who was getting one also. She said that she was hoping to grow her hair BUT she did not like grease of any kind (oils, reg. grease etc..) Me? Any kind of oil is my best friend. I got my weave out on Tues. and I actually was nervous. I was glad to see that all the tracks were not toooo tangled and they were greasy. (I didn't even deep condition, because I figured my hair WAS kinda deep conditioned from being in the weave and with all the shea-butter...) I got like 3/4 of an inch and my ends were still pretty good. (I got a teeny trim to make the bottom straight across)
I think if you need a break from the hair obsession, get a weave. BUT make sure to oil the tracks. I don't think I'll weave again too soon, cuz I really missed my hair. But honestly, back 2 years ago, it got me from neck to b/s length. Also I can also honesly tell you that Ultranourishair (or the walmart knock-off)with a reg. multi. vit will make your roots stronger. (I used to also take a separate Biotin and MSM, but that gets expensive. What I take now is bare basics and is enough to strengthen any routine you have...)

Hey girl congrats on that growth!! If I get real tired of these braids I may consider a weave. Although I have to admit I'm interested in those Hairlocs things I saw in another thread. If I haven't hit my goal by my wedding and they aren't too expensive I might try them. After my HORRIBLE experience with Great Lengths extensions these seem like they might be okay but... hmmm I gotta look at them for myself though. Anyway congrats again on the growth... now where's the new pic?!
grin.gif

Yeah I know, ain't I a stinker!
laugh.gif

Back