The Verdict is IN!!......( review :) )

ccd

The Verdict is IN!!......( review PICS ADDED )

SEDAL Anti Sponge is FANTASTIC, to me :)

What is it?
Its a creamy leave in that can be used on damp or dry hair. You can also use daily to keep your hair from getting puffy.

Paid $6.49 for leave in, $4.50 for Shampoo and Conditioner

How did I use it?
First day I got it I applied to dry hair that I had gotten done at the salon.I touchup my hair but my ends are suceptible to humidity and will frizz and get puffy. IT has been a SCHORCHIng week in NYC.

So I apply a green pea size to my ends, immediately the cream soaks in and smooths out the hair, My hair had weigh to it but not greasy and limp. It made my hair feel thicker and full but not sticker or greasy. I used it everyday and it didnt get sticker at all. Just instantly absorbed and smooth. This is what I have been looking for for after sets and styling.

The second time I used it was during a wash and set yesterday. After shampoo,deep conditioning ( with Anky's PR special :) ) and final condition
( with Sedal's Anti sponge con) I applied 2 nickel sized dropped on my roots and ends......roller setting was a breeze, I recently relaxed so that usually is a breeze. But the hair felt softer and moisturized as I set it.... no Rusk in the mix, no Lacio:eek:

ALSO!! I have these spots ( where I colored my hair and others areas) that would dry up during setting it I would have to re wet them before getting in the dryer, and they would dry crinkled....the part that was exposed would wave up....but this time, my hair was smooth in the rollers...it layed down flat.

I am really happy with this product...

Benefits so far:
1-It helps with comb out ( less hair during dry combing and wet combing)
2-Keeps my hair moisturized, therefore puff resistant
3-can be used daily or as need AND during wash&sets
4- multipurpose product that can help to streamline your steps

Only Drawback so far:

1-I noticed last night that it does not add shine, its a creamy substance that actually creates a sheen...that's not a problem cause I used Shyne spray after applying and before I wrapped my hair last night.

2-Also, make sure you rub the product in the palm of hands before applying otherwise you get white streaks...but that goes away with a few passes of your hand or soft brush.

3- Spanish label, but mine had a small white English label on it to translate.....it is pretty straightfrward though...any questions let me know :)

HT was useful and made sense. :)

Last edited:
Ohhh, forgot to mention that i decided to wash and set yesterday since it would be the hottest, humid day of the week to put this to the test. It passed....

I sat in front of a fan at one point and the hair stayed the same....the curls I had stayed full and smooth.....no frizz,

After I removed my rollers, I blew out the hair, all the way through then clipped each section with a roller clip ( hanging pin curls ) to set the curl. I applyed the leavin again ( pea size) to each part and rolled it up so I could do stuff around the house. Then before bed I wrapped my hair.

This morning its great. Full, smooth and moisturized. ;)

Last edited:
I think it's somewhat funny that the labels for Sedal are in spanish, yet the product is manufactured in Brazil-- just like Skala. (ok ok, I understand that one of their corporate offices are in Venezuela too). Wow, Sedal even has its own magazine... they are blowing up!

What's up with the 23942943 versions of Sedal's look-alikes (Elidor, SunSilk, Hazeline, Seda)? And where are they being sold? Has anyone seen Seda or the others before?

CCD I am really happy that you like the product :clap: I hope that I will see it here in the southern US too!

From http://www.unilever.com/ourbrands/personalcare/Sunsilk.asp

• Number 1 in Asia, Latin America and the Middle East
  • Sales of more than €1 billion a year.
  • Selling in 80 countries.
  • Also sold as Elidor, Hazeline, Seda and Sedal.
  • Recent Awards: Holds the Guinness World Record for the most heads of hair washed and styled in one day.
Go Sedal! I love you!

Last edited:
anky said:
I think it's somewhat funny that the labels for Sedal are in spanish, yet the product is manufactured in Brazil-- just like Skala. (ok ok, I understand that one of their corporate offices are in Venezuela too). Wow, Sedal even has its own magazine... they are blowing up!

What's up with the 23942943 versions of Sedal's look-alikes (Elidor, SunSilk, Hazeline, Seda)? And where are they being sold? Has anyone seen Seda or the others before?

CCD I am really happy that you like the product :clap: I hope that I will see it here in the southern US too!

From http://www.unilever.com/ourbrands/personalcare/Sunsilk.asp

• Number 1 in Asia, Latin America and the Middle East
  • Sales of more than €1 billion a year.
  • Selling in 80 countries.
  • Also sold as Elidor, Hazeline, Seda and Sedal.
  • Recent Awards: Holds the Guinness World Record for the most heads of hair washed and styled in one day.
Go Sedal! I love you!

What's up with the 23942943 versions of Sedal's look-alikes (Elidor, SunSilk, Hazeline, Seda)?

Yea, I noticed that too.....that is mass marketing for you...I bet in Europe they have a little blond chick on the front....and perhaps browner women in different areas...

They make the product where it is cheaper to make it...then sell it 4 times the cost of making it I bet... I looked at that website to get english info but couldn't find any.
:ohwell:

Thanks Anky...yeah, I really like this...plus, I went out today and my hair didn't quiver....its not at all as humid as it was yesterday but still my hair is lovin' this.

Neroli said:
ccd said:
The ingredients are

water, Cetearyl Achocol,Centrimonium Cloride, perfume, Glycerine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, mineral oil, metlyparaben, dmdm hyantoin, dimethiconol*,avocado extract ( persea gratissima*,arginine*, citric acid)

* components of Hydracate ( avocado ingredient)

Arginine :http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/aminoacids/pages/arginine.html

Persea Gratissima aka avocado oil: http://www.snoi.com/products/avocado.html

mucho gracias . . .

you are very welcome.......de nada
:)

Okay, I had to cosign on this post! I'm so excited that i can barely contain myself!!!

as most of u may know, I fly for a living so when i log on to the boards, i'm mainly playing catchup! I was doing a Dominican product search when i came across this particular. CCD's prblems seemed similar to mine (hair getting screwed up with humidity, etc.) so i said hmmmm, I've GOT to try this!

So i called the Domincan shop which luckily for me is right down the street from the apt and asked Luis (who is now my friend) if he had Sedal. He was like, no, i have Seda but it's the same thing. I'm like, "are u sure?" and he's like , "yes mami, i would not lie to you". At this point it's 7:45 and the store closes at eight. So i log off and make a beeline to it. When i get there, he shows me the product which on it says something in the likes of, "made for hair to withstand humidity" and he told me that his sister uses it and although she has somewhat kinky hair, when she uses Seda "se parece una china" (looks chinese, as in the straightness of her hair. So at this piont i'm Sold. Problem is, there was a $10 minimum to use my debit card, so I winded up having to get something else since the Seda was only $5.00 or something like that. I asked Luis what he reccomended because nothing form the boards was ringing in my head at the time. He went to the shelves and brought out a product called Silicon Mix and told me that i wouldn't be diisapointed. i looked at the ingredients and it had mineral oil, but so does my humectress and I've yet to suffer adverse effects from it. I also vaugely remembering Any or Tracy mentioning this in one of Ank's posts (i have a TERRIBLE short term memory so please forgive me if I am mistaken) So I make my purchases and head back home.

I wash my hair with Elucence shampoo, condition and then I apply the silicon mix with heat for 15 minutes. I rinse it out and already i feel the diiference in my hair almost immediately!!! I then rollerset with the Seda and a pea sized amount of Lacio, lacio. All i can say that my hair has NEVER looked so good and felt to soft! i'm in love!! My Granny asked me if i went to the hair dresser today and I told her no and she told me my hair looked gorgeous. three MEN complimented me on the body and shine of my hair. I'm E-S-T-A-T-I-C. I'm six weeks and my hair has been dry as the dickens and this/these products have rejuvinated it beyond belief!

And i live in humid MIAMI!!! Why has my hair not budged or frizzed out all day? This has NEVER happened to me in the History of my hair! NEVER.

I'd like to thank CCD and Anky for bringing these products to my attention because you really don't know how you've helped my hair TREMENDOUSLY!!!!

Thank you!!!

and i took pics but I lest my usb chord in my luggage back at the apt so I'will post them first thing tommorow! I'm in luuuuuv right now!

Sounds like a great product! Thanks for the reviews ccd and Miss_Jetsetter.
My hair frizzes really easily unless I've used my hair straighteners, which I'm trying to avoid...

I had a look on the Sunsilk website and all I could find that might be the Anti-Sponge product is 'Easy Straightening Cream'... do you think it's the same thing? I NEED this product!
http://www.sunsilk.co.uk/main_product/Main_Product_Eusunsilk/1,,10-3-2-10,00.html

Last edited:
I think the 24/7 Smoothing Cream might be better.

pict_4_2.gif

PerfectDoak said:
Sounds like a great product! Thanks for the reviews ccd and Miss_Jetsetter.
My hair frizzes really easily unless I've used my hair straighteners, which I'm trying to avoid...

I had a look on the Sunsilk website and all I could find that might be the Anti-Sponge product is 'Easy Straightening Cream'... do you think it's the same thing? I NEED this product!
http://www.sunsilk.co.uk/main_product/Main_Product_Eusunsilk/1,,10-3-2-10,00.html

I'm sooo on this!!

I live in humid *** nyc as well.I have been doing braid-out b/c dont want to look crazy and frizzy.However i miss my straight days.I used to use silicon mix and the sedal leave-in a few times at the shop and i loved it.
For some weird reason I never purchased any.

I will now..thanx ladies!!

qtgirl said:
I think the 24/7 Smoothing Cream might be better.

pict_4_2.gif

Yeah, that looks more like it. I've e-mailed them to check. If they don't reply by lunchtime I might just go and purchase it. I'm so impatient...

*update* - They emailed back saying that they don't have info on products/brands abroad so can't confirm a UK equivalent.

so, I'm printing off a list of the ingredients and will compare. Will post again for any other UK ladies who are interested...

Last edited:
Ohhhhhh I am so getting this product, they have this at one of the domincan salons I go to. Everyone had it at their station and when she went to use it on my hair I was like....what is that. The owner said "Its good Mommie you will see"l, "My hair was amazing!!!!!

My hair frizzes in any type of humidity---

I will be picking this up tonight. I saw it at BSS but didn't get it.

Thanks for the Reviews Ladies

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a moisturizing leave In or is it solely for the purpose of preventing frizz? I want a creamy leave in thats moisturizing and detangling.

This sounds like something I must have, I just went to CVS to look for it and they didnt have it. I'm not sure where to get it.

Well, none of the sunsilk products had the same ingredient line up, but I decided to buy some of the 24/7 stuff anyway as is was buy one get one free.
I will be keeping an eye out for any online shops that sell it and post worldwide...

I want to try this on my natural hair when I straighten it, to see if it can withstand the humidity...

I found the Silicon Mix and Sedal Leave In both on sickbiz. I'm going to order them and try it later on next week

Nefertiti0906 said:
I want to try this on my natural hair when I straighten it, to see if it can withstand the humidity...

I found the Silicon Mix and Sedal Leave In both on sickbiz. I'm going to order them and try it later on next week

I'm very interested in hearing the results. Please share. TIA

teenie said:
This sounds like something I must have, I just went to CVS to look for it and they didnt have it. I'm not sure where to get it.

You can get it at http://store.sickbay.biz/ (click on hair/beauty products and look under Sedal). They sell alot of Dominican products that the LHCF ladies rave about. I have never ordered from them so I do not know how their service is.

Hi,

So far as the Rivas Silicon Mix, was this the Capilar Treatment or the Intensive Leave-in Hair Shine & Con. Please help, I want to order both Sedal and Rivas for the full effect.

LiqueXX said:
You can get it at http://store.sickbay.biz/ (click on hair/beauty products and look under Sedal). They sell alot of Dominican products that the LHCF ladies rave about. I have never ordered from them so I do not know how their service is.

Thank you I ordered some, I hope it gets here soon, I am so excited about this because I have the poofiest hair when its to hot or rains.

i put a lil on the ends of my cornrows and they uncurled a bit...im anxious to see what happens when i use it all over...

do u have to use it with heat to get the real full effect??

i cant read a lick of spanish...so the directions r lost on me lol

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It came today, I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant't wait to try it tomorrow! I really dont know how to use it though

ok, time for my two-cents. after reading all of these reviews, I couldnt wait till my order of sedal arrived. So if you can get the visual, I hadnt done anything to my hair in about two days other than condish wash and some olive oil and i've basically have it up in a sloppy pebbles puff on top of my head. OH yeah AND its been five months since I last texturized. My package came tonight and I got frizzies left and right cause its been raining off and on for two days. I figure, if this stuff is gonna work, now is the time to test it. WELL - I dont think my hair has EVER been this soft. all i did was put a drop on the tip of my finger and sandwiched a group of strands about the size of my tumb together and rubbed it in. it worked instantly! the frizzies were gone in like less than a minute and it dried really quick with no greasy feel. My curls are extremely plump, defined and very soft - almost fluffy. This is my new favorite de-frizz and i cant wait to use it on fresh wet hair. Thanks ladies this stuff is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

does anyone know if an english translation exists for the label?

Antoine

ok now im interested because i need a new leave in, my hair gets puffy from the humidity in NY (which it never did when it was relaxed), and I'm a pj like that. :lol: I never went to the dominicans and i never tried their products. and would it be ok for natural hair? anybody know any salon i can find it in brooklyn? how big is the bottle? and does anyone use this for their braidouts/ twisouts?

Last edited:
Back