The thrill is gone: salons make me lazy

• Thread starter Thread starter JenniferMD
  • Start date Start date
J

JenniferMD

I usually go to the salon every two weeks and don't wash my hair in between /images/graemlins/look.gif but this week I didn't get my hair done but I need to wash it BADLY...but the thrill is gone from doing my own hair. I've been spoiled and I don't want to wash my own hair (aren't those words for bannishment from this board) /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

OMG Jen you'll suffer from breakage and will eventually go bald!!!!! Wash your hair /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif Lol naw Im guilty too. havent washed my twists since I got them /images/graemlins/sekret.gif. Its been almost a month.

I NEED TO WASH MY HAIR ALREADY! The rollerset is dead, my scalp is crawling, and I think the dandruff is visible. Tomorrow is discount Tuesday at the salon, but I don't want to pay the $$$.

I still haven't tried the Nexxus Ensure and Dr. Miracle's Oil because I don't want to wet and tangle my new growth. *groan*

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
I usually go to the salon every two weeks and don't wash my hair in between /images/graemlins/look.gif but this week I didn't get my hair done but I need to wash it BADLY...but the thrill is gone from doing my own hair. I've been spoiled and I don't want to wash my own hair (aren't those words for bannishment from this board) /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, move to Minnesota! One trip to the salons out here and that'll inspire ya! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif just kidding! /images/graemlins/grin.gif If you have the time and money to get your hair washed at the salon, and you prefer someone else to do it, why not? You're not hurting anyone.

Ya'll make me feel better!

Ayeshia...it's been a month! LOL!--ahhh, you inspire me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Megonw- "I don't want to wet and tangle my new growth. *groan*" Those are my true sentiments exactly on why don't want to really wash my hair....I'm scurred! /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

Nyambura- I have all the time in the world...I have liquid constraints. I've spent all money this week on my plane ticket to Italy, my passport and tution for school this semester. Maybe if I scare my mom with my dandruff she'll throw $30 my way /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
Maybe if I scare my mom with my dandruff she'll throw $30 my way /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dannie_19 said:
[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
Maybe if I scare my mom with my dandruff she'll throw $30 my way /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jennifer...you are not alone. Living in the same city with a good salon is NOT helping my hair stay clean. I have been using this rationale, though--I am stretching my relaxer and if I wash it myself while I am stretching, my hair will start to break. Therefore, waiting until I can get my roots blown out is actually the best thing for my hair.

Right? /images/graemlins/look.gif

/images/graemlins/wasntme.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dreemssold said:
Jennifer...you are not alone. Living in the same city with a good salon is NOT helping my hair stay clean. I have been using this rationale, though--I am stretching my relaxer and if I wash it myself while I am stretching, my hair will start to break. Therefore, waiting until I can get my roots blown out is actually the best thing for my hair.

Right? /images/graemlins/look.gif

/images/graemlins/wasntme.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was using that same argument /images/graemlins/grin.gif...but I couldn't take it any longer. I washed my hair this morning and I'm wearing a bun for it to dry now. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I CANNOT and WILL NOT be washing my hair by myself again until I get a relaxer...and that won't be until April! Sooooo, I've got to start working out payment plans with my stylist /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Noooooooooo she did not say payment plansssss...say word!
That...is deep. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I CANNOT and WILL NOT be washing my hair by myself again until I get a relaxer...and that won't be until April!

[/ QUOTE ]
My case is the opposite. If the new growth is a tough job at home, my stylist will just rip through it and pull my hair out. I'm forced to either style at home if I'm stretching the relaxer or be balded at the salon. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif LOL! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Have fun in Italy! Plane tix to Italy + Passport + Tuition = $$$$ well-spent. Mine has all gone to clothing, makeup and hair products. /images/graemlins/nono.gif sad, I tell ya! Anyway, I'm happy to read you're feeling better!

I don't like to do my hair anymore either. I only wash my hair when I have too much new growth....I definitely don't want to let anyone else (but family) wash my hair... and it sure isn't fun to wash hair with new growth!

I got a touchup last week so now I just have to wash my hair this week for a protein treatment and its back to the salon for me! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back