The reason why.

shetara20

Hello everyone. I just got a perm on saturday and I was wondering how long am I supposed to wait to wash my hair again. I cant post any pics of my hair because I dont have a camera. :sad:I am a lil bit past chin length, relaxed 4a/b hair. I was thinking of using the Aphogee products. I made a life changing decision to finally take care of my hair.Diet and all! :yep: im sorry if I cant post any pics but there is a reason. I feel that I get a lack of response to my threads because I dont have pics. :nono:

Hi shetara20. I just got a relaxer on Saturday and as soon as I got home I washed with neutralizer shampoo (good thing I did, because I still had pink lather so wasn't washed thoroughly) and did Aphogee 2 minute (for about 15 minutes) on my hair. I think it's a myth that your relaxer reverts if you wash it right away. And even if it does, in this case the health of your hair is more important. Though I know some women love the fresh relaxer feel ... I don't. Don't worry about pics ... just keep asking away. I don't have any pics yet and everyone here has been super helpful.

When I got a relaxer last month I washed my hair the same day. I do no think it will be a problem, my hair was fine with same day washing.

a lot of women wash their hair the day after their relaxer and do protein treatments. :yep:

by a protein treatment do you mean aphogee?

If so don't do it, wait until about 4 to 6 weeks to do a heavy protein like aphogee, because if you use it so soon after a relaxer your hair will "revert".

by a protein treatment do you mean aphogee?

If so don't do it, wait until about 4 to 6 weeks to do a heavy protein like aphogee, because if you use it so soon after a relaxer your hair will "revert".

Really? I am doing my heavy protein on Saturday. How can protein make a permanent process revert?

Really? I am doing my heavy protein on Saturday. How can protein make a permanent process revert?

I know it doesnt make sense. But it does happen. On the bottle they actually warn you not to use aphogee or the same day as a relaxer.

I didn't think a relaxer could "revert" but it has happened to me a couple of times from only using a medium protein the week after I relaxed. I know it was not my imagination. I saw way more kinks after I used the protein. Other members here have talked about it as well. Supergirl said she experiences reversion before as well.

Back